A Whirlpool Flush

Because shiny new Singy has become such a welcome and thematically appropriate lil' buddy, I henceforth and forthwith propose the following change:

Add the negative repel effect to the targeted location of Whirlpool (Water Blast). 

(If you wanted to, say, somehow trigger a chance for knockdown when mobs hit the center that's just gravy.)

• Like 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I'd have to dive into the CoD info on how the effect actually works in Singularity, but I'm sure it was *maybe* based on Telekinesis? 

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

10 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

I'd have to dive into the CoD info on how the effect actually works in Singularity, but I'm sure it was *maybe* based on Telekinesis? 

Repel with an inverse magnitude.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Why would a squishy want to gather mobs *into* melee range with hurricane? The tohit debuff is good, sure, but that seems a little suicidal 😛

• City Council

Positive magnitude but the repel vector swapped so it's target -> source instead of source -> target.

Not saying anything is going to happen with Whirlpool, but if it was, it wouldn't be simple pull towards the center. It would be something like a vector that's rotated 85 degrees so they get pulled in a spiral.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I've said it before but I'd be perfectly fine with an IO to inverse repel effects for powers like Repel, Hurricane, Force Bubble, Telekinesis, and Whirlpool.

I think it would allow more variation in play style and would be fun.

Hard no to this sub-suggestion. Hesitant maybe to the OP 🙂

This effect is stupid powerful. Putting that much power into a single IO for a power that is literally supposed to do the exact opposite thing.. would be way too much. Now, if you want to talk about sets that aren’t already top tier, I can get on board with looking at putting this effect somewhere in Force Field. Storm and Kinetics at least need precisely zero buffs, and the jump from repel to vacuum is most certainly a powerful buff.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Hard no to this sub-suggestion. Hesitant maybe to the OP 🙂

This effect is stupid powerful. Putting that much power into a single IO for a power that is literally supposed to do the exact opposite thing.. would be way too much. Now, if you want to talk about sets that aren’t already top tier, I can get on board with looking at putting this effect somewhere in Force Field. Storm and Kinetics at least need precisely zero buffs, and the jump from repel to vacuum is most certainly a powerful buff.

I look at it as similar to the Knock back to Knockdown IOs, they as they are keep the safety of knocking an enemy down but keep them right there in all the damage patches and up in melee range and that has been largely embraced by the community. I figure having an option to inverse repel via IO would be the same and not ruin repel for people that actually have use or desire for it.

4 hours ago, Number Six said:

Positive magnitude but the repel vector swapped so it's target -> source instead of source -> target.

Not saying anything is going to happen with Whirlpool, but if it was, it wouldn't be simple pull towards the center. It would be something like a vector that's rotated 85 degrees so they get pulled in a spiral.

Uhm. 

YES.

Where do I sign up to help?