[Staging] Patch Notes for October 4th, 2021

Faultline

1 minute ago, SuperPlyx said:

"A hellish visiage of violence and pain. It came to ruin someone's day."...---from wiki, I really like that.

But yeah it's a mob from Dr. Kanes's Horros

Nice! I snagged the screenie from the wiki too for context.

Edit: Before any character enters the haunted house, an optional boss may be spawned and fought. First, speak to the Devil Girl in the graveyard to the left of the house. Then speak to the Bored Gal (Madame Maven) and Bored Guy (Halox Von Horn) in the gazebos on opposite sides of the mansion. Finally, return to the Devil Girl and fight The Black Whip.

File:The Black Whip.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Is Black Whip really supposed to be a full on Giant Monster now!? Make him just an AV at the most when we're already limited to 4 players and exemplared to 29.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

3 hours ago, Burk said:

Is Black Whip really supposed to be a full on Giant Monster now!? Make him just an AV at the most when we're already limited to 4 players and exemplared to 29.

You don't have to fight this enemy if you don't want the badge. You literally have to ignore moving forward with the mission and make a series of intentional choices to summon it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, Glacier Peak said:

You don't have to fight this enemy if you don't want the badge. You literally have to ignore moving forward with the mission and make a series of intentional choices to summon it.

Yep.   I'll have to run a non tricked to the gill char thru it, but he mainly just took more time to take down.  His damage seems lower than the AV at the end though.  (Single data point, so wildly different results most likely)

8 hours ago, lemming said:

Yep.   I'll have to run a non tricked to the gill char thru it, but he mainly just took more time to take down.  His damage seems lower than the AV at the end though.  (Single data point, so wildly different results most likely)

The differences I noticed was his health pool is larger and his pets hit a little harder.

Edit: And he give thicc merits 

image.png.ad28b53766d5ce89d2cf57c3aaf21d44.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 10/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I always hate these kind of arguments. Sure, I don't have to fight him. But I don't have to do the trial. I don't have to play the game. I really don't have to do anything.

The point is that I wanted to fight it, I wanted the badge. And I was frustrated to find that not only was it not a boss (had not seen Cobalt's post until after I first went to fight it), but it was basically a wall of hit points and regen that I was unable to do anything with unless I abused Envenomed Daggers. I would far rather have something that is easier to kill (AV level) but much more threatening. Black Whip is still a joke in that regard.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

29 minutes ago, Burk said:

I always hate these kind of arguments. Sure, I don't have to fight him. But I don't have to do the trial. I don't have to play the game. I really don't have to do anything.

The point is that I wanted to fight it, I wanted the badge. And I was frustrated to find that not only was it not a boss (had not seen Cobalt's post until after I first went to fight it), but it was basically a wall of hit points and regen that I was unable to do anything with unless I abused Envenomed Daggers. I would far rather have something that is easier to kill (AV level) but much more threatening. Black Whip is still a joke in that regard.

The joke is expecting a reward for little to no effort. I'm satisfied with the level of difficulty compared to the reward. In fact, I chose to solo the monster to feel the full weight of my efforts rewarded against this enemy. I started the trial with a friend and two alt accounts then logged them out and buddy quit. The fact that you get exemplared made it all the more challenging since I didn't have access to my higher tier primary and secondary powers. It was one of the tougher monsters I've soloed, with the pets being resummoned frequently and the large health pool. But boy if I didn't enjoy that challenge! And I got a nifty badge for it. I can't see how there is anything to complain about. Especially considering the content was added with the best of intentions for the community and cost me absolutely nothing to consume.

And just for context, yeah - it's a monster class enemy.  Like monster mash, ya'know Halloween theme and all that? 👻🎃😱

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

23 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The differences I noticed was his health pool is larger and his pets hit a little harder.

Edit: And he give thicc merits 

image.png.ad28b53766d5ce89d2cf57c3aaf21d44.png

Ah. We had so much area effect including a blaster nuke that his pets were never up long enough to do much.   And the merits were a nice surprise since I was just in it for the badge.

• Like 1