Problems after installing Windows 11

CaptainAmazing

So, installed Windows 11 and then launch the patcher.

Patcher starts fine

when I type my password it tells me that my account is already logged in.

I press on and as it tries to load up the character selection screen it tells me I have been disconnected from the mapserver.

I have tried several times and have also re-validated but the problem is persisting.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

Just did a reboot and in the first instance it didnt't say my account was already logged in but I got the mapserver problem at character selection screen again, then when i attempt to log in again i get the message as per above with "this account is already logged in"

thanks again.

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

UPDATE - So I've deleted my COX installation (which had the old launcher), downloaded the new launcher and performed a fresh installation.

problem persists.

There is quite a bit of info about Gaming Issues on Windows 11, but I've seen about nothing as far as fixes. Just do a google search and see if anything stands out as a possible fix. Wish I had more.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Rolled back to Windows 10 and problem fixed.

It's a shame though...Windows 11 looks very pretty although it was definitely slightly more sluggish overall than Win10.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never had issues installing/running the game in the early Beta. Granted, I didn't Play the game for real, just got to atlas and moved around. I'll have to try again to see how it runs, but for now I can only run in VM.

Update:

I just loaded up the VM with Win11's latest beta. I installed the game directly from the site. I loaded it up just as I do on any other platform and played around in atlas. Give or take graphics being gimped in a VM, everything else works. Again, experience in VM may not be same as on hardware and it'll be much later before I can test on my i7.

Edited by WanderingAries
  • Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Update, tried with my i7 3770k based Win11 hacked install and works as expected. This install involved a forced upgrade on top of Win10, so all of my apps (including security) remained intact. I even tested my GoG, Steam, etc and they're all working fine. The CPU does get a bit loaded down compared to Win7/10 for some reason on this which is completely different from what I see in VM, which is completely smooth overall.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Just to add, there are reports on the Internet an Upgraded W11 works differently then a complete fresh Install (More security Features enabled).

Found now a Forum Thread just about this:

So far the reports went it was talked about 15% toll on Gaming Power with that Features enabled, but could of course have more issues then reported yet.

Greetings

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

My understanding was that the 'toll' on gaming power due to extra security features was on pre-installed units, ostensibly a fresh installation rather than an upgraded one?

Just my two cents but never a major upgrade to a windows o/s do a fresh install if you can. Thank you early trailblazers - I’m waiting for a year before starting that adventure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Thats what i always did, never use a OS from Microsoft that hasnt got its first Upgrade 🙂

Clean Install are better then an Upgrade of a running Machine no doubt but just the warning about different Behavior that might occur under W11.

• Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

When Windows 10 was launched, Microsoft said it was intended to be the final version of the operating system. But from 14 October 2025, there will be no new updates or security fixes for either the Home or Pro versions.Jun 15, 2021

Somehow standard Microsoft behavior that should have been seen as a lie from the get go.

I'm in no rush to change operating systems. It's going to be a year or more before they figure it out.

When windows 10 was released Microsoft said my computer was compatible. Toshiba said it was compatible.

3-5 crashes and total reinstalls from windows 8 up, Microsoft and Toshiba say my computer isn't compatible with windows 10.

So one would think that everything was okay back at Windows 8.1 ... everything but my graphics card which could no longer play the games that I had been able to play previously. Heck ... recently I tried to load CoH on it. It loaded up and ran for about 5-10 minutes then bailed out and won't run it.

The Windows 10 upgraded damaged that computer.

I would be in no rush to install Windows 11. That's my advice.

They might have it fully stabilized 2 years from now.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.