Best Secondary for an Empath?

00Troy00

I'm not sure there really is a best secondary for an Empath.  Really depends on what you intend for your Empath to be doing and at what level they will be doing it.  For a team running at the upper levels and endgame content many will point towards /Sonic as Empathy has no debuffs and Sonic can put out serious amounts of resistance debuffs which benefit everyone attacking the target.  Fire is well Fire, lots of damage with a side of damage.  Dark and Rad can get nasty with procs.  Energy and Water can use  FF +rchg procs and soft control thru kb/kd and Empaths love recharge.  So fairly strong case can be made for quite a few of the blast sets.  Do you have any preferences or thoughts on which you might prefer?

The truth -  there is NO best secondary for Empathy Defenders.   This is especially the case for Defenders. 

That's the bottom line. 
What secondary you choose will be based on what effects you want, and also how many powers from your secondary you want or don't want.
 Some secondaries only have a few good ones, other secondaries have more good ones. 

You can have a badass empathy defender with any of the secondaries. 

I have very good reasons to claim my empathy defender is badass, but he will be badass no mater what secondary I would have gone with. 
That's just the fact. 
What will make an empathy defender badass is the overall build, the defensive numbers, the recharge ( very crucial here ), hit points and so on. 

Those numbers will say if you have a badass empathy defender, NOT the secondary. 

Another note, I use Beam Rifle on my empath.  

But player skills, and overall numbers, especially defensive ones, that will make your empathy defender a bad ass defender. 

I could have done this here  with ANY SECONDARY , beam rifle or not, it frankly would not have mattered. 

Electricity with Performance Shifter +End Procs and Power Transfer +Heal Procs in the attacks is fun.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Electricity with Performance Shifter +End Procs and Power Transfer +Heal Procs in the attacks is fun.

Sunset happened before my Emp/Elec/Power was anywhere near completed and deja vu my computer died before the one I started on HC got serious leveling done.   But yeah in Mids let's just say really high recharge coupled with Power Build Up does some insane things with Short Circuit's endurance drain and endurance recovery ability nevermind the rest of the set.  (as in -200% recovery, -70 endurance on a 7 sec recharge and yes that stacks itself).

Edited by Doomguide2005
Numbers