Necro/Kin Build Advice?

Klaleara

So running a Necro/Kin MM.  Level 22 atm, and getting to the point where the obvious stuff is out of the way.  And curious where I should begin building my character.  And what kind of enhancements I should work towards.  Last time I played, set enhancements weren't a thing yet.

Just some info on my char.  I do plan on playing in groups, as soloing isn't the most fun.  But I do still need to be self sufficient.

I've taken teleportation as my travel power

I have taken Maneuver, Assault, and Tactics as Leadership

And I've really been questioning whether I should even run Soul Extraction.  If others are really convinced its useful, I'll keep it.  But I don't find the chance to use it very often as is.  The difficulty I run seems to be right at the "Rarely do my pets die" situation, anything more, and I find out I'm dying fairly often.  Not much of an in-between for me it seems.

the main reason to keep soul extraction is that it's a good place to drop the mastermind unique IO's without having to frankenslot your pets. there are 6 in total that provide defense, regen, and resists to your pet.

dont worry about sets now. just use basic crafted io's until later. and plan your build out beforehand.

the main reason to keep soul extraction is that it's a good place to drop the mastermind unique IO's without having to frankenslot your pets. there are 6 in total that provide defense, regen, and resists to your pet.

dont worry about sets now. just use basic crafted io's until later. and plan your build out beforehand.

Yeah, I'm working out the plan part.  Only thing I had care about were IO's back in the day, wasn't that difficult haha.  And whatever Hamidon dropped (I forget the name).

I mean, there's that, and also that the Ghost is quite good. I find it spams its hold heavily, and between that and the Lich there's a lot of damage mitigation. I'll quite seriously deliberately get one of my minions killed just to get the ghost out at the start of a mission.

1, 6, 12, 18, 26, and 32 are when you take your MM abilities

For the */Kin side of things, take everything *except* Repel as soon as they become available.  Do not skip anything from */Kin *except* Repel (I mean, you can skip IR if you don't want to wait that long for a travel, but, honestly, Sprint+Ninja Run are more than adequate for anything sub-28)

My Necro/Kin grabbed Maneuvers at 4, Assault at 8, Tactics at 14, and Venge at 22.  Recall and Stealth round out my Pool Powers, but even those were questionable

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

I may never understand the disdain so many have for Repel. Apparently nobody can think of anything it can be used for than wrecking the ability to apply area damage to groups of enemies.

Position yourself between the melees and the ranged characters of your group. If any ranged groupware draws aggro the angry foes cant get past (or to) you. If your party bites off more than it can handle and there are no characters with controls, knocking down everything you see by charging to enemies provides control (because enemies on their butts aren't attacking).

It's a situational power, sure. It is not however a waste.

It seems to me that repel would be pretty useful especially with the endurance drain that you can siphon back whenever you use it

Unsure what you're talking about here, wanna provide more info?

Every foe you repel drains some of your endurance. Endurance is not a worry for Kinetics due to Transference. It should however be noted that trying to get close enough to a target to gain endurance from using Transference while running Repel is like chasing after a $100 bill suspended from a string attached to a stick holding it just out of reach which is attached to a hat you are wearing. You'll never get it.

I'm debating between trying this or Necro/Nature.  Both seem like they'd have a fair amount of synergy, but I'm not sure which one will work better.

If it matters at all, /Kin has a good amount of RP value.  In the fact that you are draining your enemies, to power your Undead.  I see that as being very Necro'ey.

But Nature could have a life and death aspect too.  That could be fun to pull off, and probably unique.

/Ratherbecoolthanmeta

/Ratherbecoolthanmeta

Actually, I tend to be the same way.  I've gotta have a "reason" to pair sets before I can play 'em.  Amusingly, I actually felt like I had a stronger concept for Nature ("I make things come to life!  Apparently that has weird effects on things that were formerly alive, though.") than I did for Kinetics (Mad scientist who wondered why zombies in all the old movies are always so slow).  But I'm not above working backwards when I think up what sounds like a fun combo to play, either.