wiki updates for i27p4 (updated)

AboveTheChemist

Note: This post was originally for i27p3. See below for updates regarding i27p4

I thought I'd start this as a way to let folks know what I was working on, and as a means for others to do the same, in order to avoid potential duplication of work. Nothing mentioned below will be added/updated on the wiki until it actually goes to the live servers, but there have been several things that I have been able to pre-emptively work on so that I can update during Beta as needed and just paste and go when i27p3 is released live.

1. I've generated the text to update the Enhancement Sets page with the 5 new sets, and have generated the code for the set info page for each set as well as the enhancement info page for each individual enhancement for all enhancements in the 5 new sets.
  2. As the release date gets closer I will generate the code to update the Set Bonus Comparison Tables
  3. I will add the innertube emotes to the Emotes page and have already begun generating the animated GIFs for those emotes
  4. I will add new/updated power icons to the Macro image page
  5. I will add the new badge data to the Settitle listing page
  6. A bit lower priority will be to update the loading screen tips (as previously promised)

Those are all pages I have worked on in the past and in some cases have written scripts to help update the info so I should be able to update them without much issue given that I am familiar with them. If I notice any similar opportunities for updating the wiki I'll add them.

Updates (will add as I progress through the list above):

1. DONE with main pages, still need to check a few related pages
  2. DONE
  3. Pending (still haven't made it to this, see update below)
  4. DONE
  5. DONE
  6. DONE

Note also that I will not necessarily work in order, it just depends on how much time I have compared to the effort required for each task

Edited by AboveTheChemist
updated for i27p4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm slowly whittling away at my list above. Between my mods, the wiki, and the Badger site, it's been a busy 24 hours! Speaking of Badger, if anyone needs the icons for the new badges to put on the wiki, I have them all from where I extracted them from the piggs for use on the Badger site. Just let me know and I can pass them along. I think they are also posted in the i27p3 patch notes thread too.

• 8 months later

Updating this for i27p4. I never got around to updating the emotes page above, but now that there are some new emotes (and some changes to emotes) in i27p4, I'll put the emotes page cleanup back on my to-do list.

In the immediate future, I plan to update the new/updated power icons on the Macro image page, either tonight to first thing tomorrow this update is now complete. I updated the settitle listing page a little while ago.

I have another couple of smaller wiki update projects (not necessarily related to i27p4) that I'm almost ready to begin working on. One will update the Halloween giant monster spawn maps, and another will (hopefully) improve/standardize how vidiotmaps are linked in the zone info box on the page for each zone. I crudely cobbled together something that worked when I updated that in the early wiki days, but now that I know slightly more I think I can make it better.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
updated macro image page
  • Thanks 1

• AboveTheChemist changed the title to wiki updates for i27p4 (updated)