SS/Inv-how bad is the Rage Crash?

JnEricsonx

On 11/20/2021 at 9:07 PM, Supertanker said:

My suggestion is just to create a separate "Might Melee" set that doesn't have Rage and can be ported to Scrappers/Stalkers. No changes to Super Strength so no one can complain (but they would anyway.)

I just want to quote this post (not necessarily to call out you, specifically, Supertanker) to point out that people seem to have a real complexity addiction when it comes to “solving” Rage, coming up with more and more complicated alternatives. People like Rage for its simplicity. 

To this point specifically, they don’t have to make an entirely new set just to make it possible to port to Stalkers and Scrappers, they can just port Super Strength without Rage. It’s not even that hard, I proposed a way to do it here. That would also be a decent way for the opposing sides to meet in the middle; if you like Rage as it is, you can keep playing Brutes and Tankers as you already do, and if you hate Rage you can play Scrappers and Stalkers instead. They already have something like this in place with Street Justice where if you want to be awesome and powerful you make a Stalker, and if you want to be lame and weak you roll it on one of the other three ATs that get it. 😜

Edited by Vanden
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Yeah. No.  

1) you over think this

2) many simpler (and arguably better) solutions have been offered

3) they will do nothing

3a) catering to they “waaah you wanna steal my double stack” crowd by doing nothing is easier than fixing a long standing issue

True enough.  Because if Single Rage solution were a true option, they could just make it work like Hasten, which doesn't stack.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1