Stun ― Should it have a damage proc?

Ston

I can't remember any time I saw a build that emphasized using the Absolute Amazement -tohit proc. This is anecdotal, however.. So please let me know if you make good use of it in your build. Currently, stun sets have Chance for Knockback, Chance for Immobilize, and Chance for -ToHit.. In my opinion, these procs are relatively weak if your target is already stunned.

My suggestion is to convert the proc into a damage proc (smashing, maybe?). I think this would be a nice buff to many attacks who only have stun as a secondary effect. It would allow those powers to better compete with other powers that get two purple procs (Apocalypse/Armageddon/Hecatomb + Unbreakable Constraint). 

Damage procs can make or break high-end builds in the current state of the game. Attacks that have hold as an effect have a huge advantage in having FOUR damage procs at their disposal. I think it would be reasonable to give stun at least one.

Or, for those who want to leave the Absolute Amazement proc as-is, I would suggest we add an additional stun set that has a damage proc.

Edited by Cirque
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Maybe but what about something unique like chance for -Defense so you make subsequent attacks easier to hit? Or better Chance for -Regen?

That would be one solution... Though I think stun sets already have fairly unique procs.

I don't think any of those are as valuable as a damage proc. Most things are dead before you can get full mileage out of debuff procs.

I was making a build and got to the stun power and went looking for some procs and was really suprised at how they are all basically worthless against a target that i just stunned.  I dont need a stunned target to be immobilized.  I also dont need them to have a reduced chance to hit while they arent doing anything anyway.  Knockback is debatable and its been debated alot in other threads so ill leave that in those threads.

Damage procs,  self buffs,  or useful debuffs would be much appreciated.

The Immobilize in a stun  doesn't seem useless to me.  Though overall they don't Sprint away in a drunken speed waltz the way they used to it still keeps them from meandering off too much

Edit: but yeah debuffing things like to hit is pretty wasted on an already stunned mob unless the effect outlasts the stun

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cirque said:

I can't remember any time I saw a build that emphasized using the Absolute Amazement -tohit proc. This is anecdotal, however.. So please let me know if you make good use of it in your build. Currently, stun sets have Chance for Knockback, Chance for Immobilize, and Chance for -ToHit.. In my opinion, these procs are relatively weak if your target is already stunned.

My suggestion is to convert the proc into a damage proc (smashing, maybe?). I think this would be a nice buff to many attacks who only have stun as a secondary effect. It would allow those powers to better compete with other powers that get two purple procs (Apocalypse/Armageddon/Hecatomb + Unbreakable Constraint). 

Damage procs can make or break high-end builds in the current state of the game. Attacks that have hold as an effect have a huge advantage in having FOUR damage procs at their disposal. I think it would be reasonable to give stun at least one.

Or, for those who want to leave the Absolute Amazement proc as-is, I would suggest we add an additional stun set that has a damage proc.

I, for one, use the AA proc as is in every end game stun power.  I think it's most useful in powers that aren't auto-stun because I *believe* that the proc roll is independent of the "stun" roll, so you can debuff your enemy even if they are not stunned.

That said, I wholeheartedly support not just new stun sets, but new sets for all mez types (except knockback, which in my opinion has plenty of great options).

Who run Bartertown?

I wouldn't want to convert an existing IO, personally.

New set? Sure. Looking at the stun sets, there aren't any "offensive" stun sets - all acc/stun/rech/etc. So there's room there for something to be created for actual stunning attacks that do damage. (Back when zone PVP was more popular on live, I had an energy/energy brute... couldn't be TP Foed, thanks to EA, and I had stuns in every attack. Lots of complaints 🙂  )

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.