Letter Box Black Bars in Cut Scenes

starro

I started playing COH on the big-screen in the living room with wireless keyboard and mouse.  I am in heaven.

I don't consider this a bug, i don't think COH was ever intended to be played like this, but can I fix the letterbox or remove? 

I am taking the default resolution and after trying several, no luck.  

2021-11-28 11_58_01-Clipboard.jpg

Edited by starro
clarified

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• starro changed the title to Letter Box Black Bars in Cut Scenes

Could the letterboxing have a "Disable" option added?  Please?  Letterboxing made sense when many players were using full frame displays, but the entire world has moved on to widescreen.  And I'm really not that interested in gawking at Nemesis' codpiece while trapped in a cutscene.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Could the letterboxing have a "Disable" option added?  Please?  Letterboxing made sense when many players were using full frame displays, but the entire world has moved on to widescreen.  And I'm really not that interested in gawking at Nemesis' codpiece while trapped in a cutscene.

*sings* Comets to the left of me, Jaegers to the right, here I am stuck in a cutscene with youuu....

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• 1 month later
  • 1 year later

Sorry about necroing this thread, but it deserves more attention.

I play on an ultrawide and the letterboxing makes most cutscenes unwatchable, with the tops and bottoms cut off. Can't see the text or most of what's going on.

Any chance this can be addressed? I like Luminara's idea of putting in an option to disable them altogether.

20 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Sorry about necroing this thread, but it deserves more attention.

I play on an ultrawide and the letterboxing makes most cutscenes unwatchable, with the tops and bottoms cut off. Can't see the text or most of what's going on.

Some cut scenes have poor camera locations.  It gives a nice “crotch” shot instead of full body shot. It’s not necessarily because of the letterboxing. The cut scenes need a going over in some cases and the cameras put back to their correct locations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.