Hmmm

Yomo Kimyata

31 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I think down is up. 

... but I could have it backwards. Or it could be a five-dimensional scale.

Five dimensions!  🤩

Dot < Line < Square < Cube < Hypercube!    (Hypercubes are sex for the brain)

↕️ ↕️

Letter < Word < Sentence < List < HYPERLIST!!

I like to just buy/store/sell as much as I can so i have them in the email so they:

1. Don't take up storage in the base.

2. Are easy to find/use on alts.

3. I can sell the rest for money, but at a lower cost to lower the overall prices and put more in circulation for other people.

4. Have extra other goodies like converters for alts to use without needing merits.

So while having them go on sale while we're prepared for them may make the rich richer, it also puts more in circulation and lowers the price for the rest of players to attain.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, GM Impervium said:

Hey all!

So, there will be an Official Announcement on this Soon.

Hopefully before next Tuesday when they go on sale for 15m. And I really hope the HC Team is ready for cries of DOOM when they reveal this will probably be the LAST time the Winter Packs go on sale!

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event, and it will probably be the last time they go on sale.

Have fun!

I seriously might cry.  I'm working on maxing out salvage, and I saved up 89 BILLION influence to buy enough this winter event to get me to 10k winter packs, and now because the price has gone up to 15M a pop I now need another 32 BILLION influence.

Edit:  GM Impervium

Edited by Bobjob813
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bobjob813 said:

I'm working on maxing out salvage

Is this a completionist project, to have the maximum of every kind of salvage on one character?

My mind is boggling at how difficult this should be -- are you including all kinds of salvage, or just invention and special salvage? If you're including incarnate salvage, well, that's a lot of iTrials to run. o.O

Edited by Andreah

37 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Is this a completionist project, to have the maximum of every kind of salvage on one character?

My mind is boggling at how difficult this should be -- are you including all kinds of salvage, or just invention and special salvage? If you're including incarnate salvage, well, that's a lot of iTrials to run. o.O

All salvage.  DA Chapter 1 arc is fastest for thread-based salvage.  6-7 minutes per run.  I've run it probably 20,000 times or so.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Krimson said:

15m instead of 10m doesn't exactly scuttle my plans. The only plans it changes is that I won't be handing out Winter Enhancements willy nilly like last year. I'll keep them for me. 😄

Sharing my thoughts as I try to plan for this year.

It is possible they will reduce the actual price to what the other super packs are going for.  Doubtful, but still a possibility.  Otherwise:

• I will have to stock up and keep everything I buy for future use.
  • I will buy up a lot and sell it off.  It will probably be a couple years before I am able to make a profit.  Especially if everyone knows this may be the last year, they'll be stocking up, too.  But at some point they'll run out, or new players will join that don't have a stockpile.
  • I will do something in between - stock up for myself and buy up a supply to sell when the buying price is at a comfortable level.

Decisions, decisions.

7 hours ago, Bobjob813 said:

All salvage.  DA Chapter 1 arc is fastest for thread-based salvage.  6-7 minutes per run.  I've run it probably 20,000 times or so.

Wow.

Are you going to max out the Transcendent Merits and Hero/Villian Merits too? 

I mean, you'd need to earn what; half a million emps?

3 hours ago, Andreah said:

Wow.

Are you going to max out the Transcendent Merits and Hero/Villian Merits too? 

I mean, you'd need to earn what; half a million emps?

Yes.  512,000 to max Transcendent/Emp/Astral.  1,010,000 reward merits for Hero/villain/reward merits (but since you can buy those, this one is going to be a LOT less time-consuming).  I currently have about 20k and 38k, respectively.

The REAL kick in the teeth is going to be Shard-based salvage since their drop rate is so crap.

22 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Five dimensions!  🤩

I have it on good word from mathematicians I trust that only 3D and 4D spaces are interesting.  5D and higher dimensioned spaces are kind of boring, for example only have 3 regular solids, their equivalents of the tetrahedron, cube, and octahedron.  My own math skills are approaching where I can just barely see they certainly correct.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, GM Impervium said:

Hey all!

So, there will be an Official Announcement on this Soon.

Hopefully before next Tuesday when they go on sale for 15m. And I really hope the HC Team is ready for cries of DOOM when they reveal this will probably be the LAST time the Winter Packs go on sale!

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event, and it will probably be the last time they go on sale.

Have fun!

Enough tears are coming to finally complete my Immortality Elixir!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

19 hours ago, Jacke said:

I have it on good word from mathematicians I trust that only 3D and 4D spaces are interesting.  5D and higher dimensioned spaces are kind of boring, for example only have 3 regular solids, their equivalents of the tetrahedron, cube, and octahedron.  My own math skills are approaching where I can just barely see they certainly correct.

IMO, the most interesting dimensionality of space is 11-D, because we may live in one.

23 hours ago, Bobjob813 said:

Yes.  512,000 to max Transcendent/Emp/Astral.  1,010,000 reward merits for Hero/villain/reward merits (but since you can buy those, this one is going to be a LOT less time-consuming).  I currently have about 20k and 38k, respectively.

The REAL kick in the teeth is going to be Shard-based salvage since their drop rate is so crap.

Well, you certainly have set an ambitious goal for yourself!

I would love to follow your progress. If you were willing to share it, say, by creating a thread somewhere in the forums and occasionally post an update, I would follow it, and I think others would too.

9 hours ago, Andreah said:

IMO, the most interesting dimensionality of space is 11-D, because we may live in one.

I'm almost certain we don't.  String Theory has never properly provided experimental tests of any of its parts, as well as has problems with many parts of its theory.  It has developed some interesting mathematics, though.

It's almost certain to be another Physics field that produces a properly working Quantum Gravity Theory that supports the reality of Time and can produce the simply connected Space that matches what is observed.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1