Hmmm

Yomo Kimyata

There's also the chance that the sale may not start until next Tuesday, the first Tuesday in December. I could be wrong, of course. 

There are still packs that are listed from players left from the last sale. 

I was joking in Discord about buying a large amount of them. Like...all of them. But, that's a bit rich even for me, 10M*10M. Too damn many zeroes. And, the only reason to do such a thing would be to relist them, as opening that many would take a looooong time. Even bidding for them would take quite a bit of time. Reposting 10M items, 10 at a time...if one character could even hold that many..probably 10K is max. (I aim to find out, lol) 

I suspect they have an auto-reseed bot/command in place, too. But I can only speculate about that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Changing the market's inventory has to be done by getting all up in the market server's guts and doing it by hand, they can't just pull a lever to switch it on and off like the rest of the Winter Event. Whoever does that just hasn't done it yet.

You should all cancel your huge bid orders now. The lower price is just not going to happen. While it is true that in past years they've changed the price on days other than when the Winter Event goes live, that absolutely won't happen this year. So just cancel those bids and check again in a few months... 😉 

• Haha 2

• Lead Game Master

Hey all!

So, there will be an Official Announcement on this Soon.

Hopefully before next Tuesday when they go on sale for 15m. And I really hope the HC Team is ready for cries of DOOM when they reveal this will probably be the LAST time the Winter Packs go on sale!

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event, and it will probably be the last time they go on sale.

Have fun!

Edited by GM Impervium
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

12 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event,

1608014405_432448

12 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

and it will probably be the lat time they go on sale.

AgedWildIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

* just comedic fun. I don't think the sky is falling or Doomtm

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 3

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

10 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Hey all!

So, there will be an Official Announcement on this Soon.

Hopefully before next Tuesday when they go on sale for 15m. And I really hope the HC Team is ready for cries of DOOM when they reveal this will probably be the LAST time the Winter Packs go on sale!

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event, and it will probably be the lat time they go on sale.

Have fun!

That's some good communication right there!  Thank you.

I empathize that this may have been a difficult decision for the HC team, and that there would be cries of doom regardless.  But knowledge is power.  And now I know that things *will* go on sale soon(tm) and that @Ukase will be the person to go to for all my WO needs in February after he buys them all.

Who run Bartertown?

well that cuts into the margin somewhat. was hoping i could just do some background stuff to get to 50B and then look to double that over the next year with sales of winter packs back at normal prices. Wont be able to get near that though now 😞

Edited by Black_Assassin
  • Like 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

57 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

At this point, it's just us (the people who visit this forum subsection) having fun going from ridiculously rich to retardedly rich.

I honestly don't think that any oe us should break out in tears from this announcement.

my day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

break out in tears

11 minutes ago, Black_Assassin said:

my day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable. 

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

cries of doom

14 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

AgedWildIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

On 11/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, Glacier Peak said:

We've been bamboozled!

this is what success feels like.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

and because if is such an epic image of Yomo burning cash before the council of ebil

azU.gif

enjoy

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

37 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

ridiculously rich to retardedly rich.

I'm still trying to get to ludicrously rich... didn't realize there are 2 more steps. 🤪

Interesting... I guess maybe the original thought was that the 10m price was a nice to have when they still weren't sure how the population on the servers would grow.  The change to 15 is a odd one given that this will be the last time they go on sale. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, iBot said:

I'm still trying to get to ludicrously rich... didn't realize there are 2 more steps. 🤪

Interesting... I guess maybe the original thought was that the 10m price was a nice to have when they still weren't sure how the population on the servers would grow.  The change to 15 is a odd one given that this will be the last time they go on sale. 

Oh I'm nowhere near the top tier here.  I swim in maybe...  40B from side to side.  A drop in the Yomocean, but then again, just how many alts can I gear up with 40B?? 

Ireelevant, because as soon as I create an alt, I compulsively make it self-sustaining so in the end, it's just Inf sleeping in my account's emails.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, iBot said:

C'mon, didn't you read the patch notes?

Ridiculously Rich

Ludicrously Rich

Spine Tinglingly Rich

Hilariously Rich

Unf***ingbelievably Rich

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Troo said:

and because if is such an epic image of Yomo burning cash before the council of ebil

azU.gif

enjoy

837956223_bicrosser10.png.566f370745fea79514057a63786120bc.png

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.