Baby Scrapper - Need halp

Redletter

Never been big on scrappers, since I tend to die faster than I kill. I've been playing with the idea of a Savage scrapper for a while, since the jump move is highly remeniscent of Burst of Speed which im a big fan of? So maybe that'll be fun, and theres like, a lot of AoE and DoTs and it just seems like a fun set.

Problem is, I have no idea what the secondary ought to be. Im leaning on Bio Armor, since I've never made a bio armor character before and it looks like it could be fun to combo the two? But I ALSO really like the idea of Super Reflexes, mostly because ive never played one of those either and having all those defense powers to slot a Gamblers into means I dont think Ill ever have a problem with cooldowns, EVER (though stamina may be a concern and i hate when stamina is a concern)

Any help would be appreciated! Im not exactly that up on how to scrap.

• Like 2

Resident certified baby

Savage is fun--jumping around slashing everything that stands. I haven't re-run my savage after the recent patch, but from reading about it, it seems to have made savage better.

Super Reflexes is an awesome secondary. You'll be loading up on defence which is far better than resistance. I wouldn't say endurance would be a problem if you take the time to slot accordingly. Dark is also good, but I find dark to be an end guzzler so much so that trying to control the end consumption becomes a task. but it's really good. Another awesome set if you don't mind the graphics is Bio.

Enjoy scrapping babies 😃

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Super reflexes is super easy to play: just take the powers as they come and slot up def until you hit the cap! Not only can you slot LOTG +recharge everywhere, you also get Quickness as well...

It has only two issues:

1. the main AOE def comes pretty late (overall, not too bad)

2. in an IO/incarnate world the tier 9 is completely redundant (just don't take it)

Bio is good, but it is considerably more complex and only really comes together very late with slots, IO set bonuses and all that jazz.

As a 'beginner' I would say go SR, you definitely can't go wrong there. Maybe also have a look at Ninja too? It's pretty similar but also has a heal, and end tool and stealth which is traded for overall slightly less total survivability when there are a lot of def debuffs flying around. But you can't go wrong with any secondary really.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Metatheory said:

Bio is good, but it is considerably more complex and only really comes together very late with slots, IO set bonuses and all that jazz.

Bio is as complex as you choose to make it but can be simple and quite effective if you follow two rules (one of which does not even apply until level 38):

• Use Parasitic Aura when entering groups of 6 or more 
  • Stick to one stance except in emergencies Efficient or Offensive

While SR comes together sooner you can get a lot of bang for your buck on Bio by raising your Smashing/Lethal resistances early (Tough be thy friend). 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll offer up Rad or EA as other ideas since they boost recharge the most and Savage boosts recharge itself. Very blender style of fighting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

15 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I'll offer up Rad or EA as other ideas since they boost recharge the most and Savage boosts recharge itself. Very blender style of fighting.

It is what drove the completion of the trip to 50 on my SM/EA scrapper. That said, even with him being my first IO fully kited out character I do not play him much because on the whole he just did not feel like he was pumping out the damage he should.

Edit: Were I to remake him (which I might after the six projects I am working on currently are finished...so think next year this time) I would probably go SM/Shield or SM/Bio. The game rewards the harder hit now as opposed to pumping out the damage faster in a lot of situations.

Edited by Erratic1

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

It is what drove the completion of the trip to 50 on my SM/EA scrapper. That said, even with him being my first IO fully kited out character I do not play him much because on the whole he just did not feel like he was pumping out the damage he should.

Edit: Were I to remake him (which I might after the six projects I am working on currently are finished...so think next year this time) I would probably go SM/Shield or SM/Bio. The game rewards the harder hit now as opposed to pumping out the damage faster in a lot of situations.

EA only adds recharge and SM is ST based so that is understandable. It is a similar to EM/ea for me. I'll get it to 50, but I don't know if I have the desire to complete it in terms of incarnates.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Savage/SR is super easy and fairly cheap to soft-cap. Best defense debuff and slow resists, +recharge and +speed, and maximum flexibility with the Costume Creator.

Savage / Shield gets two teleport-charge attacks, which is a blast. Shield gives you a mule to slot the two +Def unique IOs, which is nice, but takes a little more work and inf to soft-cap. But it buffs your Savage damage when you're in a crowd, which is nice, but it doesn't kick in until after you've TP'd into the crowd.  So you have to choose between having the damage buff, or having the distance buff to Savage Leap.

Savage / Bio is a hoot if you have a concept that supports being covered in muck. You can run in Offensive mode all day and cover your endurance and healing needs with the two clickies. BUT it's the most expensive to make durable. You need a lot of uniques and Winter sets to get the defenses and resists maxed. But then you can run around with Ablating Carapace on auto and just about not worry about anything, until you meet some tough debuffers. Sometimes switching to Defensive mode will save you; other times you'll still get clobbered. 

My Savage/Bio scrapper is a lot of fun though.  I solo'd the Eden trial with it, with Efficient mode getting me through the two giant wall AVs. Had enough damage to defeat the Crystal Titan. Bio's damage aura adds to Savage's DoTs so everything around you wilts away while you're slashing the boss. I take the Cone, PBAoE, and Leap attacks for AoE, plus all the ST attacks except Hemorrhage. If Hemo's been fixed, that's great and I'll respec.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for all the help scrapper crew. I made the character as a Stalker AND a scrapper, to see which I prefered for both flavor and mechanics (I recently got hooked on SJ stalker, thought maybe the class mechanics were what I liked but it's really just how well the class combos with itself) and the SM/SR scrapper totally won out once i gave it concealment. I dont NEED it, but the character is like, based off a preying mantis so being stealthy felt right (hence why I tried out as stalker).

Getting them both to 30, the Scrapper did die a lot more than the stalker, but I got to PLAY more with them since the stalker was VERY much a predator, where like, I REALLY needed to pick the WORST enemy in a group, take them out as FAST as  icould then back off to get hidden again (probably could solve that with the stalker ios but I didnt feel like trying to shell out a ton of inf just to get a second one) while the srapper gets to go right in and tear up the place - i get more DONE as a scrapper build than as a stalker.

The thought of SM/SD and having TWO teleports sounds really fun, my elec/elec tanker's ONE teleport is SUPER fun, so like, Im really tempted to try SM/SD at some time in the future (animation might look a little goofy though, we'll see)

Screenshot (83).png

Edited by Redletter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

On 11/30/2021 at 11:49 PM, Redletter said:

Never been big on scrappers, since I tend to die faster than I kill. I've been playing with the idea of a Savage scrapper for a while, since the jump move is highly remeniscent of Burst of Speed which im a big fan of? So maybe that'll be fun, and theres like, a lot of AoE and DoTs and it just seems like a fun set.

Problem is, I have no idea what the secondary ought to be. Im leaning on Bio Armor, since I've never made a bio armor character before and it looks like it could be fun to combo the two? But I ALSO really like the idea of Super Reflexes, mostly because ive never played one of those either and having all those defense powers to slot a Gamblers into means I dont think Ill ever have a problem with cooldowns, EVER (though stamina may be a concern and i hate when stamina is a concern)

Any help would be appreciated! Im not exactly that up on how to scrap.

Here are four options you may enjoy:

Scrapper - Savage Melee - Energy Aura.mxd 

Scrapper - Savage Melee - Ice Armor.mxd

Scrapper - Savage Melee - Radiation Armor.mxd

Scrapper - Savage Melee - Bio Armor.mxd

Edited by JJDrakken
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Redletter said:

Getting them both to 30, the Scrapper did die a lot more than the stalker, but I got to PLAY more with them since the stalker was VERY much a predator, where like, I REALLY needed to pick the WORST enemy in a group, take them out as FAST as  icould then back off to get hidden again (probably could solve that with the stalker ios but I didnt feel like trying to shell out a ton of inf just to get a second one) while the srapper gets to go right in and tear up the place - i get more DONE as a scrapper build than as a stalker.

If you didn't know, you can create the character on the Beta server and use the pop-menu on the Chat bar to boost it to any level up to 50, give it every IO you can dream of, and see how you like it. Only takes about 30 minutes to spin up and outfit a test character.

• Like 1