AWS MMO? New World (anyone try yet?)

Troo

It's very pretty.  I like to imagine what CoH would be like with those graphics.

I had to give it a 👎 . If they had a 'Meh" option I would have given it that, I call it a 'pretty Minecraft' as there is a lot of running, mining, harvesting, hunting, crafting. They have group fights (50 players) in Invasions and in Wars, but if you are not 50+ with top gear (or 60 for wars) you'll likely not be participating anyway. The Faction system is a mess, there are 3 available, but I've seen on a lot of servers where one faction dominates all regions, or a split between 2 faction with the 3rd having almost no influence on the map. If you are in a faction that does not control the region you are is, things like crafting and the AH cost more to use.

My friend and I have a good enough time running around clearing out corruption, slaughtering the wildlife and zombies, but the story of the world has the depth of a teaspoon and it gets repetitive and grindy rather quickly. Graphics and audio are top-notch so at least it's a great view.

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

6 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

It's very pretty. 

Thanks. The back end and system architecture are very interesting. (a presentation was give at AWS reIinvent this week)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later

I played it quite a lot. It is beautiful in many ways, and has a good, tight core level 1 to about 30 game loop. it runs out of steam fast after that, and substitutes heavy repetition/grind. It suffered greatly from its redirect from pvp to pve/pvp two years ago, and needed more time, imo, to be ready, perhaps another year of content development and systems polish, maybe two. It also suffers severely from all sorts of bugs and exploits, although it seemed to me for a while they were getting this under control. There are additional problems in it that I would want to type far, far too much for; even going down into the base design and vision. Much of that is subjective and others would fairly disagree.

Even though I've stopped playing it, I got my money's worth of entertainment, and others may too.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I actually know someone working on it at Amazon, but I haven't played it.  

I only play CoH and Toypocalypse in GW2.

It would be interesting to hear an inside view on the game.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.