Return to Battle untouchable bugged

Uun

Return to Battle includes the following (and grants full stack of large inspirations):

10.00 magnitude untouchable for 15.00s(15.00s) on self after 0.25s delay

I activated the power and received the heal, endurance and inspirations, but was insta-killed, seemingly within that 0.25 second delay, as the untouchable never activated.

image.thumb.png.d1deca50f00fcfb57b3bedd89a275710.png.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Untouchable powers have an extremely slight delay before the untouchable effect starts.  If you're extremely unlucky enemies can potentially queue attacks on you in that tiny window and you can potentially die again.  This can happen with any such rez, even Rise of the Phoenix and Soul Transfer.  

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 10 months later

This has happened to me twice durring the 2022 Halloween Event, and cannot be classified "works as intended". Debt isn't a huge deal, but it sucks to burn an hour recharge power just to be kicked when you're down. Haven't run into it before this Event patch, is it just coincidence or could it have something to do with a recent change... there was a note about Return to Battle and the renewal of light one sharing a timer... ?

In any case can there be anything done to apply the untouchable first?  On further inspection I see, "10.00 magnitude untouchable for 15.00s(15.00s) on self after 0.25s delay".

I'm sure there's a reason, but why would there be a .25 sec delay?!?   That's like putting on a Kevlar vest after you get shot...

I know it probably doesn't rank high on the priority list, and maybe nothing reasonable can be done to fix it, but it would be nice to think it was on a list somewhere.

• Like 1

I've noticed that AI targeting and firing is almost instant. Another example of this is firing from stealth (SoA Cloaking Device, Stalker Hide, etc.) they notice you and retaliate like half a second before your supposed stealth drops. So I suspect that they are getting you within that quarter of a second delay before the protection kicks in. Sounds inhuman and impossible, but AI isn't human after all.