Mouse Cursor Help?

jordanlc93

Hey all,

So I play CoH with two monitors. Sometimes Dual-Box , sometimes I don't (which I was told is not against the rules, I hope someone can confirm that).

However, when I don't play Dual Box it is so annoying that my mouse can go outside the window to my other monitor when I'm playing the game.  I get confused, lose my mouse , and get my butt beat 😛

Any help out there? 

Make sure you play in Full Screen and not in Windowed Full Screen. I play on a multi monitor setup and it works just fine.

Multi box and multi account is tolerated as long as the server is not congested (three red dots at logon) and it's reasonnable. (Interpret that as you will, but I assume that if you play 8 accounts at once, you might be frowned upon).

Edit: Also, check the mod section for the enhanced (read: HUGE) mouse pointers.  They ARE a game changer.

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes I lose my mouse cursor as well (I keep a second monitor to use a browser, watch something, or just chat in Discord). When that happens, the panic measure is to move the mouse to the up-right (the extra monitor is on my left) corner, so I know where it'll appear so I can move it correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, jordanlc93 said:

So I play CoH with two monitors. Sometimes Dual-Box , sometimes I don't (which I was told is not against the rules, I hope someone can confirm that).

Here is the official policy on multi-boxing.

Worth noting, just because a shard shows 3 red dots doesn't mean you can't multi-box.  Excelsior had 3 dots the other day with 1100 people online.  You can view the exact number of people on each shard with the link at the top of this forum page - "Server Status".

Multiboxing Policy

We allow a basic level of multiboxing on the Homecoming servers outside of peak times. These rules apply on a shard-by-shard basis (by ‘shard’ we mean Torchbearer, Excelsior, etc).

• If there are less than 1500 people logged in to a shard you may play with up to three accounts at once.
  • If there are more than 1500 people logged into a shard you may only play with a single account.
  • If you are caught multiboxing when there are between 1500 and 1600 players logged in to a shard, you will be warned and expected to log off immediately. If you ignore requests to do so your accounts will receive a 24h ban.
  • If you are caught multiboxing repeatedly with more than 1600 players logged in to a shard, all of your accounts will receive immediate permanent bans.

It is your responsibility to monitor server status and current player count if you wish to multibox. You can do this both on our website and in the #live-shards channel on our Discord.

An exception to this rule is Hamidon raid zones (The Hive, The Abyss) which have a limited population cap. No multiboxing is allowed in these zones. Breaking this rule may result in all of your characters being removed from the zone and short-term suspensions being issued for repeat offenders

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

21 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Here is the official policy on multi-boxing.

Worth noting, just because a shard shows 3 red dots doesn't mean you can't multi-box.  Excelsior had 3 dots the other day with 1100 people online.  You can view the exact number of people on each shard with the link at the top of this forum page - "Server Status".

Multiboxing Policy

We allow a basic level of multiboxing on the Homecoming servers outside of peak times. These rules apply on a shard-by-shard basis (by ‘shard’ we mean Torchbearer, Excelsior, etc).

• If there are less than 1500 people logged in to a shard you may play with up to three accounts at once.
  • If there are more than 1500 people logged into a shard you may only play with a single account.
  • If you are caught multiboxing when there are between 1500 and 1600 players logged in to a shard, you will be warned and expected to log off immediately. If you ignore requests to do so your accounts will receive a 24h ban.
  • If you are caught multiboxing repeatedly with more than 1600 players logged in to a shard, all of your accounts will receive immediate permanent bans.

It is your responsibility to monitor server status and current player count if you wish to multibox. You can do this both on our website and in the #live-shards channel on our Discord.

An exception to this rule is Hamidon raid zones (The Hive, The Abyss) which have a limited population cap. No multiboxing is allowed in these zones. Breaking this rule may result in all of your characters being removed from the zone and short-term suspensions being issued for repeat offenders

Very Helpful. Thank you, any suggestions on the mouse issue lol ? 

22 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Multiboxing Policy

Question about the shard thing - is a shard like... indomitable, everlasting, or does it mean *all* of them cumulatively that shows up at the bottom?

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

oh son of a-- I could have been dual boxing a lot more than I have been. Curse my technological literacy levels!

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, jordanlc93 said:

Very Helpful. Thank you, any suggestions on the mouse issue lol ?

Nope.  I run one big monitor so have never dealt with multiple monitors.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:51 AM, TheZag said:

Also,  dont multi box at hami raids.  That is against the rules.  Ive seen a GM show up once and ask if anyone was multi boxing and the league wasnt even full

and in unison the players said no!

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

Look up the COHModder - it's in the Tools forum

It's an automated Mod installer with a lot of available mods in its library.

There are several (at least 3, and I haven't checked for more) mouse mods that you can try out.

The tool is painless, and makes it easy to install and uninstall the Mods. 

I would uninstall the previous mod before installing a different one for the same target.

=> Uninstall Mouse Curser 1 before installing Mouse Curser 2

Uninstalling a mod will return your system to the way it was, so you can try another mod if you want.

From experience, changing the mouse cursers while the game is running will crash the game.  Be aware.

There are a lot of other mods there as well - many deal with sounds.  Feel free to experiment.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:21 AM, jordanlc93 said:

However, when I don't play Dual Box it is so annoying that my mouse can go outside the window to my other monitor when I'm playing the game.  I get confused, lose my mouse , and get my butt beat 😛.

Any help out there? 

On my setup, I can just shut off the second monitor.  msWindows adjusts itself to one monitor, with the mouse not trying to leave the bounds of the only powered-on monitor.

-- Rock