Tami Baker goes inactive in the middle of her arc

Erinyx

I was running Tami Baker's arc earlier this evening, and while in her second-to-last mission, I ended up hitting level 16 (beyond her typical range).  Any other contact, this happens, and because the arc is open, you keep getting missions.  But Tami just cut me off, leaving all her the clues from the arc in place, but refusing to give further missions.

You can see the messed up tab here:

image.png.ea112106d60f4bf2e36cb9ca5c821ec8.png

And the clues still active here:

image.png.56ae07b5cc507024bd990edf4a47baa9.png

But nonetheless, Tami won't talk to me:

image.png.7a6f8a9dafa751dd72929c18eba5bc0c.png

I did do a petition about this, too. I suspect that when the character leaves Praetoria, this would settle itself, but I'd like to do this more organically, so I'm hoping maybe even the final mission (there's only one left, though it has both a door mission and then a delivery) can be forced back onto the character, too? But either way, I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to work this way, because no other contact does.

Not my experience.

Any contact will cut you off if you outlevel them, and you can't get any more missions from them when that happens (unless it's one of those two-parter ones that you immediately get the next mission without going to the contact first).

You can go to the Ouroboros and get the arc and do it all over again from scratch. The Ouro locks you to the appropriate level so that you won't out-level the arc while running it.

If you run on +0, 1 settings with no XP boosters and you start a contacts arc as soon as you get it, you will be unlikely to outlevel the contact before you complete their arc.

The other solution is to xp lock your character so you don't gain XP once you start an arc. I'm thinking most people won't want to do that, but it's an option. Everyone else on the team can still get XP if they want.

The pretty obvious solution these days is to wait to do arcs by doing the Ouroboros version once you outlevel them. Especially, if your initial goal is to gain merits by completing arcs.

But you have to take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I'm not worried about leveling other than to keep up some someone that I might have made some kind of outside of game leveling pact. I'm really not worried about merits either. I just like playing City of Heroes.

As I often get in leveling pacts with a person or persons that want to use x2 XP all the time and usually running with higher difficulty settings, I'm quite frequently outleveling arcs. Like all the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Any contact will cut you off if you outlevel them, and you can't get any more missions from them when that happens (unless it's one of those two-parter ones that you immediately get the next mission without going to the contact first)

This is true only if you don't have a story arc open with them (the little yellow book icon in the screen shot the OP included). I've gotten new missions in the Clockwork Captive arc at level 25, well past the level range of the contact giving them. The story arc missions are all you get, but you should never have a contact go inactive with an open story arc.

25 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

This is true only if you don't have a story arc open with them (the little yellow book icon in the screen shot the OP included). I've gotten new missions in the Clockwork Captive arc at level 25, well past the level range of the contact giving them. The story arc missions are all you get, but you should never have a contact go inactive with an open story arc.

okay, so how do you open that story arc book?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The book gets opened (and shown) by doing the 1st mission of the storyarc... its just a symbol to let u know that u have an arc open... theres no "opening".. this rules are for blueside and redside for sure.. praetoria could be a different case though with their morality choices and such.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

When you dont finish an in progress arc the contact stays active even if you are between missions.  The active arc even counts towards your mission total when you are between missions.  Occasionally in help chat someone will ask why wont their contact give missions and the first thing i ask is 'do you have a bunch (7 i think) of uncompleted story arcs from old contacts?'  The answer tends to be yes and completing a -15 arc gets the missions flowing from new contacts.

@Erinyx it may be worth checking if that character has 1 less mission slot after you finish praetoria

afaik its 7 mission and 4 storyarcs at same time the limit.. but could be wrong,... its old memory.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Okay.

Just went to Stephane Peebles in Striga with another player. We both went to Stephanie Pebbles who gave us her first mission to hunt down 5 council.

We completed the 5 arrests and went back to Stephanie.

And .... contact goes inactive.

Didn't even level.

I would call that an open arc that closed due to outleveling.

Usually this happens to me during an arc, and I will continue to post about it I guess, because it happens to me all the time.

However, I will note that none of the Inactive contacts on the character I'm currently playing are showing the open arc icon.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Okay.

Just went to Stephane Peebles in Striga with another player. We both went to Stephanie Pebbles who gave us her first mission to hunt down 5 council.

Didn't even level.

Usually this happens to me during an arc, and I will continue to post about it I guess, because it happens to me all the time.

However, I will note that none of the Inactive contacts on the character I'm currently playing are showing the open arc icon.

For whatever reason, Stephane Peebles' first mission is *not* part of her story arc.  This is the case with all contacts in The Hollows, Striga, and Croatoa.  Something else is preventing you from getting her actual story arc. 

As an example of this oddity Penelope Nemmers in Croatoa will give you her non-story mission as soon as you see her but won't give you the next mission until level 30.  That first mission also doesn't cause the open arc icon to appear.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Okay.

Didn't even level.

As Zork said her hunt Mission is not part of the arc.

As for going inactive which lvl u was/are when u contacted her, her arc is in the lvl 20-24 area. If u lvl 25+ u can do this arc only via Ourobous.

Former Player on Server:

All of which is well and good, but fails to address the original reason for this topic. Tami Baker should still have been giving the OP the mission(s) from her arc as it was already an active arc at time of out-leveling. You can sit on a level 1-4 arc that you started until you are level 50, and then when you remember you never finished that arc and want the contact to finally disappear from your active list, go back at level 50 and the mid-arc contact will still give you the rest of the missions for that arc despite you being 40+ levels above limit. So, yes, Tami needs to be fixed to make her match basically every other arc giving contact in the game. It should be noted that this seems to be a Praetoria thing. Chloe does something similar, except in her case the mission she fails to give because you out-leveled her is not actually part of her arc, but is instead a single-player after-arc mission. So at least /she/ makes sense, even if it is just as annoying.