Task Force Questions

Ricktastic79

Hey everyone, I'm having a lot of fun getting back into CoH.  I have a couple questions about TFs now that they've been revamped:

1) Generally speaking, how long do they take?

2) I understand you can log off and come back later, but what if only 4 out of 5 of you come back?  Is that person OUT for the remained of the TF, or can they come back in a later mission?  Are they able to come back at least for the last mission to get the rewards?

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you Quit a Team that is in a Task/Strike Force, there is no getting back in.

If you Log Out while in a Task/Strike Force Team, and then Log back In, you will still be in that team.

Each Mission offers its completion rewards independently, including the finale.

As for "How long" do they take?

That depends entirely on who's playing, difficulty settings, how experienced the players are, what level their characters are, what their builds are . . . 

Some people have personal expectations for the time each of the various Task/Strike Forces should take, but there aren't any solid definites.

• Thanks 1

Taking the second part first. Characters who log out without leaving the team will rejoin the team and the Task Force when they log back in.

Everyone who present for the last mission gets credit for completing the Taskforce.

So as long as the whole team can agree on a log out and log back in schedule and keeps to that agreement then you can put a Task Force down and pick it up later, but those characters wont be able to do any other missions or join any other teams in the mean time.

This isn't something I would try with a pick up group, but back on Live my Super group did it a few times when Task Forces dragged out.

When it comes to how long they take, most take as long as their number of missions. Like any chain of missions some can be short cut (stealth to the end and assemble the team) and if you use fast travel methods like team teleport you can cut the time down a lot,

regards, Screwloose.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

As for "How long" do they take?

That depends entirely on who's playing, difficulty settings, how experienced the players are, what level their characters are, what their builds are . . . 

Some people have personal expectations for the time each of the various Task/Strike Forces should take, but there aren't any solid definites.

^ this.

That said, I tend to see the following on some of the task forces...

Positron Pt. 1 -  1/2 hour experienced team, 1 hour inexperienced.  Woefully inept: 2 hours (it's all about the assault on City Hall.  Separates the stooges from the aces.)

Positron Pt. 2 -  1/2 hour experienced team, 1 hour inexperienced. 

Synapse - 1-2 hours experienced team, 2.5-3 hours inexperienced

Penelope Yin -  up to 1/2 hour experienced team, up to 1 hour inexperienced

Moonfire - 30 to 45 minutes experienced, 45-75 minutes inexperienced (note some teams like to take more time to clear if they're working on their vamps and wolvie badges)

Citadel - 45 to 90 minutes experienced, up to 2 hours inexperienced  (greatly depends on stealth usage)

Manticore - 30 to 60 minutes experienced, 1 to 2 hours inexperienced.  

Numina - 30 minutes to 45 experienced, 45 to 1 hour inexperienced (I've seen this as short as 20 minutes. Depends on how well-coordinated the team is)

Dr. Quarterfield - pain, boredom, endless slogging...add 3 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Ricktastic79 said:

Generally, less then 1 hour.  There are a few that are longer.  Synapse and Dr Quarterfield are the big outliers that take 2 hours or more.  Most are about 30 minutes.

16 hours ago, Ricktastic79 said:

2) I understand you can log off and come back later, but what if only 4 out of 5 of you come back?  Is that person OUT for the remained of the TF, or can they come back in a later mission?  Are they able to come back at least for the last mission to get the rewards?

If you log out or lose your connection, you'll still be in the TF when you come back if they haven't finished it.  Note that if you're in a Task Force, you can't join any other teams or enter any other missions.  This makes it rather inconvenient to complete them in multiple sessions.  People do it sometimes, but it's not common, and shouldn't be expected without prior planning.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I did a sub 30 minute Numina recently and it felt weird. Maybe more so since I got in a groove and tried to stealth the defeat all. :classic_laugh: Do the minimum speed run with TTs just kind of feel like the radios of TFs.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Are the max levels listed on the wiki correct?

Posi 1 for instance is 8-15 so since I am 50 I will be 15 with powers and slots up to 20 correct? Pos1 2 max 16 so 21? etc

I want to solo them all so I want to outfit my character the best I can for each TF.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

Are the max levels listed on the wiki correct?

Posi 1 for instance is 8-15 so since I am 50 I will be 15 with powers and slots up to 20 correct? Pos1 2 max 16 so 21? etc

I want to solo them all so I want to outfit my character the best I can for each TF.

Thank you.

For Posi 1.

You Will be level 15 yes.

You Will have your powers up to level 20 and any slots in those powers.

Any IO set that goes down below level 19 slotted in one of those powers will count towards set bonuses, if it is catalysed or below level 19.

Same goes for any unique IO.

Any Purple IO you have slotted in any power (Even picked after level 20) will give its Set bonuses.

Edited by Bug You 2

On 12/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, Ricktastic79 said:

Hey everyone, I'm having a lot of fun getting back into CoH.  I have a couple questions about TFs now that they've been revamped:

Thanks.

You should probably keep in mind that, sometimes, when you're dealing with a pick-up group, (folks you're not very familiar with), if the whole team agrees to leave, it's possible for someone to return and simply finish it without you. 

Ordinarily, the AV can be a pain point for most folks, but consider Katie Hannon TF. After the first mission, there's no more AVs.