Slotting Energy Font

Redletter

23 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Mass hypnosis would be counterproductive, as the font does damage. I typically put it in my aoe immob, but any control you use a lot will work. I'll often have 2-3 out at once.

Think it's better to have the Font there than the Superior Will of the Controller Chance for Psi? The damage proc says it might fire 5 times per minute, vs the 3 Energy Fonts? 

I have a hard time telling what the Font actually does. I have it in the mass AoE right now so one only pops out every 1.5 minutes or so.

I guess mind does present a bit of a problem. I would consider ignoring energy font here. There isn't really an ideal spot, unless you just want the set bonuses anyhow.

Energy font does minor aoe damage and takes occasional aggro. It's not very noticeable unless you have it in a heavily cycled aoe. Terrify would be my closest pick.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Think it's better to have the Font there than the Superior Will of the Controller Chance for Psi? The damage proc says it might fire 5 times per minute, vs the 3 Energy Fonts? 

I have a hard time telling what the Font actually does. I have it in the mass AoE right now so one only pops out every 1.5 minutes or so.

Actually, I also think the Will of the controller set is a better choice, because of the +damage (which most controllers lack) +recharge of set bonuses. The chance for Psi is a nice extra. I would also choose Entomb (which can be made superior) and Unbreakable Constraint over Overpowering presence, as the set bonuses are better. That being said, the chance of + Absorb is not that great, in the Entomb set, especially since a lot of controllers have very decent heals already, but the last set bonus (Fire, cold and AoE defense) is nice.

I found that the Energy Font is not doing much, even if it is up a lot. If it was doing anything meaningful, it would have been obvious, as I slotted it in Fearsome stare. It rarely broke the Cowering fear of the foes; meaning they were not being damaged. Personnally, I'd rather go for a chance of damage, as the results are more obvious. I've tried Overpowering Presence set and ran with it for some time, but I ended up unslotting and replacing it. 

Edited by LynxNordique
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Krazie Ivan said:

distractions

Yeah, this is where I find the real value on Font. It can pull extra aggro over yours or the pet's cap, giving better clumping, and take a hit here and there. The damage is kinda wonky and piddling.

Mostly it looks pretty neat. 🙂 I just like having little balls floating around me.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2