Mud Bath question

Ukase

image.png.63f4ef656d53eb068b501995abace6b3.png

On "Attack Types" -- I'm probably over-thinking it, but in the context of Mud Bath (seems to be a sustain toggle for a blaster), for "Attack Types" it says AoE defense, Fire defense.   I am not understanding why it even says "Attack Types", let alone what Mud Bath has to do with AoE Defense or Fire Defense. 

Just to rule it out, I toggled it on and stood in melee with a few npcs, and no change in those attributes, or any others. 
Shall I just ignore this? Am I missing something? 

The power is auto-hit so it doesn't really matter.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Perhaps "auto-hit" isn't the right term. Doesn't seem to need to hit anything. Just seems like a noisy version of a sustain...but I guess all blaster sustain toggles make some sort of noise. Never really noticed it on Caustic Aura or Frigid Protection, but it's there. 

Oh well, thanks for answering the question. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to only use it against Fire attacks or something.