Winter Holiday Dev's Choice Contest Winners!!!

GM Navigator

• Retired Game Master

❄️Happy Holidays everyone!❄️

It's finally time to announce the winner of the 2021 Holiday AE Contest!

Let me just start out by saying that the whole team had soooo much fun playing through all of the arcs, and that it was extremely difficult to pick a winner. We were amazed by all the hard work and creativity put into each and every arc, and we highly recommend that people play through all the submitted stories (not just the ones highlighted here).

Before announcing the winner, let's start off with some of the team's Honorable Mentions!

Honorable Mention: The Dance-Off That Saved Christmas

• Arc ID: 44962
  • Created by: @Clave Dark 5
  • Number of Missions: 3
  • Description: "Lame Christmas schlock ruins TV every year, so why should the AE be any different? Help Santa save Christmas through a series of weak character motivations and underdeveloped plot holes that Harold Angel of the Paragon Times hearkened to as 'an asinine affront to the holiday spirit!'"

929088345_Screenshot(663).thumb.png.224f8aa0ac5280f388eb1316b86ee8be.png

(Ack! Get these Reindeers off of me!!!)

Dev Review: "This arc doesn't take itself seriously at all, and it's all the better for it! Getting piled on by reindeers and saving Christmas (I think anyway 😅),  all while competing in a dance competition had me laughing nearly uncontrollably. Play this arc and I can almost guarantee you'll have a great time!"

Honorable Mention: The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year

• Arc ID: 45220
  • Created by: @Defeat All Snakes
  • Description: "Grandville is in the middle of an anti-Christmas crackdown. Trees are torn down, gifts confiscated, carolers hit with riot hoses, and none dare resist. None, that is, but a rumor-shadowed figure who seeks those willing to defy Recluses edict -- one the villains of the isles call only 'The Sandman.'"

243971054_Screenshot(664).thumb.png.2ac0175e26b56ffab6b8b188d9c054bc.png

(You know it's bad when even the skulls are dressing up as Santa!)

Dev Review: "An amazing cast of characters really bring this arc to life and tie in beautifully to the idea that people are truly what makes the holidays special, not just the "stuff". And oh my goodness the puppies are amazing and almost steal the show!"

Honorable Mention: I Hate Christmas Music

• Arc ID: 44913
  • Created by: @Police Woman
  • Description: "'Tis the season for Christmas music - but that's simply the worst when you're a Troll Raver like the Boogie Man. Help the Boogie Man put an end to the scourge that is Christmas music and replace it with something with a more danceable beat."

1536361102_Screenshot(665).thumb.png.1857ebc24e3c8065f5f01bdf0db361ff.png

(No no no! Stop dancing to the Christmas music!!!)

Dev Review: "A fun and really unique twist on the classic "Save Christmas" story where you go on an ever escalating journey to try and end Christmas music 😱. You definitely don't want to miss the colorful cast of classical characters who each have a unique spin on them!"

And now for the final reveal!

Holiday AE Contest First Place Winner: Murder on 34th Street by @@Charlie!!!!!

• Arc ID: 45294
  • Created by: @@Charlie
  • Description: "Santa Claus has been framed for a crime he did not commit. If you don't help prove his innocence, he'll be spending Christmas behind bars."

2012291571_Screenshot(666).thumb.png.2ba58bcbc78bc5cba815cf2b7cb7d4a3.png

(I wonder what size tire I should get Uncle George for Christmas? Wait, no focus on solving the crime!!)

Dev Review: "A great arc that has so many different layers, while finding a way to have a beautiful simplicity. Definitely an arc I'd play over and over again that feels like it has the potential to be a classic!"

Congratulations to the winners, and make sure to check out these arcs, and all the other arcs submitted for this contest!

We want to wish you all Happy Holidays, and we eagerly look forward to the stories that have yet to be told and that are still to come!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

congrats to the winners!

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

I have to admit I haven't gotten round to the winner arc yet, but I had a feeling that based on that great title alone, it would be probably be the best.  Mainly I'm just jealous I didn't think of that first, yeah.

Congrats and thanks!!

ETA:  Being new to this, how do I go about claiming those Honorable Mention rewards?

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝