Give yourself the best gift this Christmas...(The Long Riders recruitment thread)

cranebump

...a nice...long....slow...ride...with THIS SG!

Come on...you can grind something besides coffee.:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Indeed. Just ran the Anton Sampson arc. 47 merits! 

Our quartermaster has been hard at work filling in base details (thank God, bc I suck at it).:-)  Could use some more peeps, though, fer sure.  Anyhoo, we're on Torch, if anyone's looking to join us. In the meantime, everyone enjoy all those baked goods.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

That's already about 90% of how I play, although I usually do want to trek to 50.  But my schedule's too rough for any constant teaming.  And I just won a bunch of merits and there's no way I'm not going to use those!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

This is a subject I can hold great sympathy and agreement with.  Part of the reason - and I am obviously not alone in this - I play the game in the first place is to enjoy the pure artistic/audio/atmospheric effects for all they're worth, both intrinsic to the characters and the world they inhabit.  I've done a couple of "speed runs" with one group or another, and it ends up becoming a mechanical exercise; everything that was put into the game to emphasize and exemplify the comic book world (definitely more sophisticated and detailed than the "four colour" era) is merely an object to get out of the way in order to hit the next level.  While I am unaware as to what server the SG is located on - perfectly possible there's an iteration on each one - I'd love to team my guys up with you, if possible, and, rather than counting the XP till next level, we see what stories we can write with the game, and the possibilities the CoX team conjured for us and which the HC gang devotes themselves to continuing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Black Talon said:

This is a subject I can hold great sympathy and agreement with.  Part of the reason - and I am obviously not alone in this - I play the game in the first place is to enjoy the pure artistic/audio/atmospheric effects for all they're worth, both intrinsic to the characters and the world they inhabit.  I've done a couple of "speed runs" with one group or another, and it ends up becoming a mechanical exercise; everything that was put into the game to emphasize and exemplify the comic book world (definitely more sophisticated and detailed than the "four colour" era) is merely an object to get out of the way in order to hit the next level.  While I am unaware as to what server the SG is located on - perfectly possible there's an iteration on each one - I'd love to team my guys up with you, if possible, and, rather than counting the XP till next level, we see what stories we can write with the game, and the possibilities the CoX team conjured for us and which the HC gang devotes themselves to continuing.

Hey, there! The Long Riders are on Torch. Both of us.:-) We'd love to have another. I'll be logging in this morning for a run. You can find me in game and global email using @cranebump.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

That's already about 90% of how I play, although I usually do want to trek to 50.  But my schedule's too rough for any constant teaming.  And I just won a bunch of merits and there's no way I'm not going to use those!

Understood. The Riders do allow Merit conversion to grab cash, fyi. Trekking to 50 is fine. Just no Incarnates. We'd like to get enough to have some regular team runs, likely on THU evenings, my usual scheduled play night. 

As for teaming, it's cool if you want to/have to solo. The main thing is exploring the story content. It's casual, hombre. Kick off your shoes. You're in Willie's Roadhouse.:-)

• Like 1

• cranebump changed the title to Give yourself the best gift this Christmas...(The Long Riders recruitment thread)