New Brute Claws/???

Hobbes

On 12/27/2021 at 11:17 PM, Hobbes said:

I've tried /Bio on a couple of characters.  I like the numbers on Bio, didn't care for the play.  Possibly too many clickies?  Takes me out of my zen button mashing.

I think I missed this earlier. And I completely understand it. /EA is far more clicky than /SR. On my db/ea scrapper, I find that I have to hit energize and nrg drain a LOT.

Claws/SR will always be cruise control zen mode second only to WP on the zen but with much better mitigation. Claws/Inv would have identical extra clicks as Claws/SR, Practiced Brawler vs Dull Pain, but again, I find SR tougher than Inv. At least on tanks. For a brute, maybe Inv is better but I have my doubts.

Pondering that further, Inv will also let you slot Gaussian's CFBU in Invincibility.

Tough call for me.

1 hour ago, Ankhammon said:

Does the extra time for spin to recharge open it up for better proc'tastic shenanigan's than the scrapper version? 

Mids shows this information.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, Ankhammon said:

Actually, that's an interesting answer. Honestly, I would have been looking for heavy proc's for spin but not much else.

On the EA side, I'm wondering if ppl keep the tier 9 or try to work around it? I think it's gonna be useful more as a Dull Pain kind of thing than for the Def bonus. You can get yourself near Max HP with it slotted and that's gotta be worth it. 

I couldn't make Overload work so I ditched it, it always de-toggles me.  Every time.  Not worth it.  (There are people who can work around it, those people are better players than me, I'm okay with that)

Presuming you're firing off Energy Drain enough to double stack it, you're at or past the incarnate cap on S/L/F/C/E, Negative Energy is soft capped with room to spare.  Psi and Toxic chew you up still.  Just eat purples if you want to see 80% Defense numbers.  /EA can put up some silly numbers, I actually dialed back on some of the set bonuses to squeeze more procs into the attack chain. 

The KD in Spin and Shockwave (and Focus) also help a lot.  You're keeping a lot of mobs bouncing.  And when fighting multiple bosses Energy Drain will keep Bosses low on Blue so they will sometimes alternate between bouncing and standing around waiting for the Blue bar. 

• 2 weeks later

After much much thought I decided to remake my namesake TW/Rad character as War Mace/Rad. Radiation Armor worked very well on that toon. Mace works much better with my original concept, costumes, and Smashy bruiser ethos.  

Claws is slightly higher DPS… I think, but the two sets compare favorably. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later
On 12/28/2021 at 3:06 AM, Sovera said:

I wouldn't go Claws on a brute tbh. The set is great but loses its edge on a Brute and turns mushy between Follow-up and Fury not mixing well, and the extra recharge on Spin and Shockwave.

It's just min maxing though. Claws/Energy Armor has my vote.

Brutes have  longer recharge on Spin and Shockwave than other AT's?

21 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

For those that play both, is the difference in Spin from Brute to Scrapper enough to make a definite difference when soloing?

No. Brute spin still won't crit. Still gets buffed by fury. Only major difference is my aoe chain between the two: Scrap can do followup, spin, shockwave, repeat. Brute/Tank have to do followup, focus, spin, shockwave, repeat.

• Thumbs Up 1