Dual Pistols - Tier 1 Pistols

BrandX

It's not part of the power's effect itself, as I recall. (And I can't think of a way to have it work with swap ammo, which is basically just adding on the effect.) The only thing the power itself does is damage and a def. debuff.

It is (going through HCWiki, can't head into game right this second) kind of an oddball in the set itself, as several other powers in there do get Slow options. It looks like it and Suppressive Fire are the only ones that don't. Can't say if there's a reason for it.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

16 minutes ago, Greycat said:

It's not part of the power's effect itself, as I recall. (And I can't think of a way to have it work with swap ammo, which is basically just adding on the effect.) The only thing the power itself does is damage and a def. debuff.

It is (going through HCWiki, can't head into game right this second) kind of an oddball in the set itself, as several other powers in there do get Slow options. It looks like it and Suppressive Fire are the only ones that don't. Can't say if there's a reason for it.

Which is what I would think as well, but the other pistol attacks allow the slotting of slow sets.  Though, it says it does slow/-resist with Cryo Rounds, on Pistol.  

I figure Suppressive Fire doesn't because of the hold aspect, but I would think even with that, it could -Recharge and Slow like Ice Attacks can, but it may just be hold effect only on it's secondary effects.  I don't even think Fire Rounds give it extra ticks.

Edited by BrandX

31 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Why doesn't Pistols get to slot Slow IO sets?  It gets the slow effect with Ammo Swap as well.

Ammo swap didn’t affect Pistols until Issue 24 beta.  Prior, you only could do the standard lethal ammo with Pistols.  Probably why.

Edited by Apparition

48 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Why doesn't Pistols get to slot Slow IO sets?  It gets the slow effect with Ammo Swap as well.

It gets defense debuff instead. You can slot it up for defense debuff.

It only get slow effect for ice ammo.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

It gets defense debuff instead. You can slot it up for defense debuff.

It only get slow effect for ice ammo.

I *think* what they were looking at is that almost every other power in the set gets slow as a secondary effect. (again, looking at HCWiki.) Could be wrong about the why. A couple are doing def. debuff as well, so it's not all one or the other (ie, if it has one, it can't have the other.)

Hmm. That said, maybe it's that pistol's a single, fast, def debuff attack already? *shrug* I'm mostly just mildly curious now.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

Pistol loses the -Defense Secondary for Slow.  Can't slot Slow Sets.  Executioner's Shot loses the Knockback Secondary for Slow.  It can slot Slow Sets.

The same goes for many other attacks in Dual Pistols.

Suppressive Fire looks to be the only one not to gain -Recharge/Slow with it's Ice Ammo.  Just goes to Hold.

Pretty sure this boils down to t1s having "lesser" secondary effects. In this case, unenhanceable slow.

It's also already the set with by far the most slotting potential. It really doesn't need more. 

Might I call your attention to the defense debuffs in Earth Control?  Seven unenhanceable defense debuffs.

39 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Might I call your attention to the defense debuffs in Earth Control?  Seven unenhanceable defense debuffs.

wait... wait... are you saying that this game has arbitrary and ridiculously silly choices in regards to what powers can slot what and what's unenhanceable and what's not?

That's CRAZY talk!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Pretty sure this boils down to t1s having "lesser" secondary effects. In this case, unenhanceable slow.

It's also already the set with by far the most slotting potential. It really doesn't need more. 

Honestly, my only Dominator that I found myself to enjoy is an Earth/Martial Dominator and I didn't realize that when I made her build 😞  I would've said something then, if I had noticed!