City of Heroes Card game

I remember Paragon Studios tried to make a card game for City of heroes but didn't go well but what if someone makes that card game for the PC which would really be fun for those who enjoys City of Heroes like I do if Possible?

The CCG failed when CoH was more-or-less as popular as it ever would be (at least to date).

So if you are talking about doing this all legal and legit then just how much do you think someone would pay to license the rights, and why do you think that either NCSoft or AEG would be interested in spending any time dealing with someone that would pay that price assuming you kept it reasonable?

If you are talking about someone bypassing NCSoft and AEG and just letting people play the game illegally, then they would have to really love that CCG and be willing to face the repercussions for their actions.

If they ran it for free then that motivation is removed, and if they charged then just how many people do you think would pay, especially knowing that it was an illegal operation that could be shut down at any time?

I remember Paragon Studios tried to make a card game for City of heroes but didn't go well but what if someone makes that card game for the PC which would really be fun for those who enjoys City of Heroes like I do if Possible?

Someone apparently already did, for the Tabletop Simulator: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395363230

If they ran it for free then that motivation is removed, and if they charged then just how many people do you think would pay, especially knowing that it was an illegal operation that could be shut down at any time?

, he asked, apparently without irony, in the community built around a game people are running for free and at some legal risk.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

, he asked, apparently without irony, in the community built around a game people are running for free and at some legal risk.

The code was out for the MMO.

Is the code out there for running the CCG online?  I believe that that makes a difference.

NCSoft knows that they could try to shut down these rogue servers but they would do so knowing that a new one may pop up, and you are also only dealing with NCSoft here.

That matters.

Also, the MMO community being as large as it was also improves the prospects of collecting money to keep the servers running.

For the CCG then AEG could also get involved, and shutting down the server would be a more permanent solution.

Sure, sure, someone else could come along later and do the same thing, but the likelihood is smaller for a variety of reasons already alluded to.

But hey, if someone has already done it then they have done it.  It's either so far below the radar that no one cares or it was set up legitimately.

Either way, I guess it's there is anyone wants to take a look.

Not quite what you're talking about, but I have some simple solitaire games on my android devices that allow me to customize card backs and tables. So if you wanted to, you could take character shots and use them as card backs. It'd be the same character across the deck, but it'd be cool.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

The CoH card game would be for Computer only not real life card game which the real life version failed but the computer game version might be a good shot.
No, that ship has sailed. Nobody sane is going to develop it as a standalone game for legal reasons (you know, like lack of a goddamn license). The version found in Tabletop Simulator is the extent of what you get.

Someone apparently already did, for the Tabletop Simulator: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395363230

That was me!

I just ripped all the card images from the wiki and put them into the card maker.