Flash Freeze and procs.

SableShrike

Hi all, got an Ice/Cold I’m messing about with, and I was wondering if anyone had procced out Flashfreeze before.

If Mids is right, I can fit three Ranged AoE procs in it for roughly 210 damage on everything it hits.

My question is: do the procs fire before the Sleep effect, or after (and break the sleep)?

Either way I’m thinking Flash Freeze is a good damage source for Ice and handy detoggle.

Traveling today or I’d hop on Test to check myself.  Cheers!

2 minutes ago, SableShrike said:

Hi all, got an Ice/Cold I’m messing about with, and I was wondering if anyone had procced out Flashfreeze before.

If Mids is right, I can fit three Ranged AoE procs in it for roughly 210 damage on everything it hits.

My question is: do the procs fire before the Sleep effect, or after (and break the sleep)?

Either way I’m thinking Flash Freeze is a good damage source for Ice and handy detoggle.

Traveling today or I’d hop on Test to check myself.  Cheers!

The procs won't break the sleep effect of the power. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 hours ago, SableShrike said:

Was hoping that!  Thanks, Bopper.

Guess I gotta figure out a power to drop so I can pick up Freeze.

Ice/Cold is as tight as my Warshade build for picks and slots.

If I have the option, I always take the AoE sleep over the AoE hold, especially in Ice.  My thinking being, the long recharge time on AoE holds makes them more of a panic button than a tactical cornerstone, so the AoE holds end up collecting dust when you're on a team because it's not needed, and it ends up collecting dust when you're solo because you end up saving it for when you REALLY need it, and you almost never do. 

AoE sleep, on the other hand, is available often enough to fit into a workflow solo or team, and on Ice it's a good opener for you to get into the midst of the mob and let Arctic Air do its thing.  By the time sleep is broken, the mob is either confused, flopping around or immobilized (or some combination of the three) with their movement and recharge floored... that should be enough to get you through that mob and onto the next.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

That’s a good point @roleki!

Even with only 55% enhancement Recharge (to not affect the procs), you got the sleep up twice as often as the Hold.

In practice I found an autohit AoE Sleep super handy for detoggling Thorns on the Positron TF.  The Daemon Lords with their auras are the biggest reasons for team wipes there.

So even without procs Freeze has proven very handy.   With the three damage procs I’m hosing entire groups.