Stone/TW

HachiMan2015

Hi guys,

I found a great build from poster @PLVRIZR that was Stone/SS and I switched it to Titan Weapons as I really really want to have at least one toon with the set as I keep bailing on it by level 20. 

I have this guy leveled now just as you see in the build below but I just feel like my TW attack chain can get tightened up a bit. Any TW gurus out there can can have a look and tell me what they'd change? Any help is appreciated....thank you for your time 🙂 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

PLVRIZR_v4.0: Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(3), Rct-ResDam%(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(9)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(29), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(34), Ags-Psi/Status(36)
Level 6: Titan Sweep -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(27)
Level 8: Rooted -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(11), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 12: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(33)
Level 16: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 18: Brimstone Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(36), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(37), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 22: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 24: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(42), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 28: Rend Armor -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Acc/Rchg(39), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Hct-Dam%(45)
Level 30: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A)
Level 32: Granite Armor -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 35: Whirling Smash -- Arm-Dam%(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(36), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(40), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(42), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43)
Level 38: Arc of Destruction -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Dmg(48)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- EncAcc-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Rest -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(17), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(19)
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 14: Double Jump 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Resilient Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Melee Partial Core Graft 
------------

A great combo for sure! It took me a while to get my /TW Brute to 50. It really doesn't feel so great until you get all of your aoes and are really able to leverage those momentum windows. It's also pretty blue hungry.

Edit - build added below.

A few notes:

• Stone skin provides strong +defense as well these days. A hybrid slotting approach is more efficient. You could easily toss the gladiator unique on any other resist power to make room.
  • You have gone 4 slot lotg in several places for very little return. The last lotg has almost no enhancement value after ED, and the 9% acc is redundant with the amount of acc you are stacking. Good baseline slotting for a def power is lotg global rech, then red fortune def and def/end. This gives you near ED max defense, and a little S/L resist bump on top. From there, add other enhancement as the power demands. 
  • Arc of destruction is natively knockdown - you don't need a kb to kd IO.
  • Rooted is weirdly slotted. It baseline takes little end for this type of toggle, and doesn't benefit from recharge, yet you have it frankenslotted for both. Either pick a set to benefit from, slot a couple plussed out heals, or maybe 3 frankenslotted heal/end from different sets, and call it a day.
  • Titan sweep isn't the greatest place for your Might ATO proc. Sure it'll go off fine in aoe situations, but you don't want to have to spam Titan sweep in your single target rotation when hitting a hard target. This would be better in either your damage aura, or a decent attack. Follow through or Rend would be my choice. 
  • End mod has basically no benefit slotted in physical perfection. Take that and slot a perf shifter proc in Crystal Armor instead. Speaking of focused accuracy, it is a lot less appealing on Stone, as you already resist perception from Minerals. If you goals is phys perfection for end management, I would consider just going Conserve Power instead and leaving it at that. This would free up a power pick too.
  • If you're hurting for end, just drop endredux plussed out in Focused accuracy. You get almost zero return on tohit, and recharge is of no use.
  • Combat Jumping is an easy missed opportunity for more +def at very little end cost, as well as a lotg mule to free up a slot elsewhere. If you can't think of a power to drop, I would consider just swapping maneuvers for this. It would be pretty solid end savings running this instead.
  • There is no need to slot -KB IOs. Nobody is knocking you back while rooted, and there is no real reason not to run rooted these days.
  • I would definitely pick up follow through. You have really bad single target damage without it, and it is one of the shining powers of the set in any case.

Honestly there is much that I would do differently beyond! If you were adapting this from @PLVRIZR, I'll acknowledge that their goals are typically a bit different than mine. However, I'm confident you could get better overall defenses, better resists outside of Granite, and more damage with basically no downside with a thorough rework. You would gain a lot overall by steering away from incarnate softcap goals, and instead focusing on a broader base of "good stuff" across the board.

I'll brew up my own version of this later when I have time and energy for comparison. : ) All brewed!

Here is a build I cooked up for comparison. I based this off the rework I did for my own stone tanker when the buffs popped up. I'm certain there are further optimizations, but here are the highlights:

• Even without Physical perfection, it has better end management.
  • Although S/L defense took a small hit (still above softcap), other defenses are actually higher, and resists are much stronger across the board. You actually have Psi resist to speak of too, which is fun.
  • Hasten is in - much better rotations. Global recharge outside Hasten is the same.
  • Almost twice as much slow resist. 
  • You have follow through. 
  • Your attacks do more damage across the board. They could do even more if we were to drop all pretense of balancing resists/defense, and proc them out more aggressively.

The one thing we lost was Focused Accuracy. However, you already have perception resist, and you are capped to hit +3's (I aim for this with Alpha). You could benefit from a bit more global accuracy outside of level 50 content. Personally, I would drop Granite (find a slot somewhere to move the lotg) and replace it with focused accuracy instead. I get how Granite might be useful in emergencies, but this build will run really strong without it.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Titan Weapons
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Rock Armor -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(46), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 1: Defensive Sweep -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(45), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(45)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), TtnCtn-ResDam(3), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), ImpArm-ResPsi(43)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(40), ImpArm-ResPsi(42)
Level 6: Mud Pots -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(50)
Level 8: Rooted -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9)
Level 10: Titan Sweep -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(15), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 12: Brimstone Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(13), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(13), ImpArm-ResPsi(15)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Follow Through -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Rchg(17), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dam%(23), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 18: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(19), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), PrfShf-End%(21), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 20: Build Momentum -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(25), Ags-Psi/Status(33), ImpArm-ResPsi(34)
Level 26: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(27), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def(29)
Level 30: Rend Armor -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofLadG-%Dam(33)
Level 32: Granite Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 35: Whirling Smash -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Arc of Destruction -- Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Taunt -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 1: Momentum 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, HachiMan2015 said:

Do I need granite? Or Combat Teleport?

Personally I chose to just grab regular teleport as my travel power to save a pick. I do love Combat Teleport, but bear in mind that even regular teleport was significantly sped up - it is very solid for combat use these days.

Even so, I would consider dropping Granite for a neat one-slot wonder. You might play with it and see how much you end up using it first.

Just now, HachiMan2015 said:

killing so slow

I think you'll find just having follow through period makes a big difference. It is really vital to TW in general.

There is some argument to be made for subbing Titan Sweep out for Crushing blow. One issue with TW is starting momentum outside of Build Momentum, and Crushing Blow is not only a decent attack to round out your somewhat lacking ST chain, but also your best Momentum opener, as it is pretty fastish baseline.

Otherwise, you'll probably want to do something like:

Defensive > Titan > Whirling > Arc > Titan in Aoe

or

Arc > Follow Through > Rend > Whirling > uh.... more aoes? for Single target.

This is by no means a mathed out optimal rotation, but roughly what I remember doing on my Brute. It pays to play with different rotations and see what flows best for you. Open with Build Momentum whenever possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I

There is some argument to be made for subbing Titan Sweep out for Crushing blow. One issue with TW is starting momentum outside of Build Momentum, and Crushing Blow is not only a decent attack to round out your somewhat lacking ST chain, but also your best Momentum opener, as it is pretty fastish baseline.

But what would you slot crushing with? Heca is in Follow Through? More Blistering Cold and some Procs?

On mobile so not fiddling with it fully at the moment, but I'd probably move the current rend slotting to it. Then probably a combo of winter ios and procs to maximize rend damage. 

That's not ideal of course. I wouldn't mind losing the bit of recharge, but the global acc would hurt. Probably a way to make it up juggling more slotting around.

Really though Titan sweep is pretty good, so it's by no means an optimal change. I might dig into this potential change later.

• Thumbs Up 1

FWIW, I usually skip Crushing Blow in my builds...although I'll admit it's been awhile since I played TW. I usually use Slow Rending as my Momentum starter, then run through my AoE attack chain or ST attack chain. I also don't use Defensive Sweep, I just mule it. If you have incredibly high recharge levels, you can probably squeeze more out than what I'll show below, but I believe any level 50 build can at least pull this chain off:

Rend (Slow) > Whirling > Titan > Follow > AoD

That's 3 big AoEs and 2 strong ST attacks you're rotating through every 9s. Not something you'll do against a pylon, but you'll do great against mobs as you thin the trash quickly.

If you're looking for ST burst, you can go with this:

Rend (Slow) > FT > Whirling > AoD > FT

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

14 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I feel you in this. Definitely a downside to the combo in a tank. Defensive sweep doesn't really get much use later on, so nice to be able to skip it on a brute 

Exactly why I've not tried TW on a tank.  Though I suppose if you took a primary that could skip some powers or didn't require as many pools to be effective then it might work.