Need help with this keybind sequence.

Marshal_General

I use two text files for a character. The first one changes her costume to one with wings using the boil cc emote and activates fly. The second one swaps her costume to one without wings using the cc boil emote and turns off fly.

The second one works they way I want it to. The first one however activates the cc boil emote, turns on fly and about 6 seconds after that her costume finally changes. I am not sure why.

Here are the two file commands.

f "cce 1 CCRapidBoil$$powexectoggleon Fly$$bindloadfilesilent D:\Games\CoHBinds\FluxFly1.txt"

f "powexectoggleoff Fly$$cce 3 CCRapidBoil$$bindloadfilesilent D:\Games\CoHBinds\FluxFly.txt"

Is there a way to fix it to where it activates the cc emote, changes the costume and then turns on fly?

Have you tried swapping the order of the commands? Binds typically execute right-to-left, and based on your description and the syntax of your bind that works I think that might work.

f "powexectoggleon Fly$$cce 1 CCRapidBoil$$bindloadfilesilent D:\Games\CoHBinds\FluxFly1.txt"

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I just tried it and the same thing. boil emote, go up into the air and float and then 5 or so seconds later costume change.

I may try a different emote to see if it is the boil emote.

There is the matter of activation and animation times for each of these as well. It may take a more complex bind (a rolling bind, maybe on the press/release model) to accomplish exactly what you want. Or the requirements of each element may make it not-possible.

Binds really aren't very good at executing sequences of things; everything sort of happens at once even though it might look like they're sequential.

ETA: Yeah, just did some messing around. The animation time of the emote is fixed, so it takes ~6 seconds to complete and the other powers in the string are executed in the meantime. I think the only way to do it is with a rolling bind and press/release; lemme try that.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

9 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

There is the matter of activation and animation times for each of these as well. It may take a more complex bind (a rolling bind, maybe on the press/release model) to accomplish exactly what you want. Or the requirements of each element may make it not-possible.

Binds really aren't very good at executing sequences of things; everything sort of happens at once even though it might look like they're sequential.

I changed it to the inner will emote and now it does the emote and changes the costume, but wait 3-5 seconds before fly kicks in. Then once the timing worked correctly.

Okay, this will work:

/bind U "+$$cce 2 ccRapidBoil$$bindloadfile ccfly2.txt"

And put these two files in your bindfile path ([GAME]/settings/live/)

ccfly1.txt

U "+$$cce 2 ccRapidBoil$$bindloadfile ccfly2.txt"

ccfly2.txt

U "+$$powexectoggleon Fly$$bindloadfile ccfly1.txt"

Edit bind key, emote, flight power name and costume slot to suit IN ALL THREE.

Press and hold U until the costume change is complete, release and Fly. You can add autorun (and up) to the latter so you instantly zoom off.

A reverse bind to CC and stop flying is left as an exercise for the player.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com