Recluse's Shoulders

xl8

Why does this make me think of what happens when you put a HELLS ANGELS rocker on the back of your jacket?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

9 hours ago, TheZag said:

Its a neat piece but i think signature characters should retain their signature look.

Mostly with you on signature pieces.  These shoulders for sure along with his helmet and extra arms are his most identifiable features.  A few lesser distinguishing pieces though I would like to see available from characters, especially hair and footwear.  I don't think its beyond hair stylists and bootmakers capabilities to be able to recreate some aspects of a characters appearance if you were to hand them a picture and say make it look like that.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Mostly with you on signature pieces.  These shoulders for sure along with his helmet and extra arms are his most identifiable features.  A few lesser distinguishing pieces though I would like to see available from characters, especially hair and footwear.  I don't think its beyond hair stylists and bootmakers capabilities to be able to recreate some aspects of a characters appearance if you were to hand them a picture and say make it look like that.  

i should have mentioned this very thing in my post since i was thinking it after i posted.  'some of his stuff isnt really signature though.  i dont see why people couldnt use his leg armor'

and some signature heroes used player available costume pieces from the beginning.  you can pretty much make a sister psyche clone already

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, TheZag said:

Its a neat piece but i think signature characters should retain their signature look.

I disagree. I think this game's greatest strength is the character customization and more pieces only improve upon it. "Signature Characters" already have many of their items in the CC, and vice cersa, and certain things like "fur" is not exactly what I would call "signature" fashion... especially since the fur is just kinda a trim to his oft forgotten cape.

1699750145_Screenshot(247).png.7e8f61e87bef44c1467f09c1fd9aa543.png

From the front it looks like he just has some fuzzy shoulder pads. But if you turn the boy around...

847621693_Screenshot(248).png.963237941928d250937089a5e8f32cc2.png179369914_Screenshot(249).png.d04ff3f9c781cd5b5e215d4f31865ac5.png

You'll notice it's a large tuft of fur that joins with his cape (im not sure how its layered in the code, this might be a "shoulder" slot item that comes OVER the back)

So. TECHNICALLY we already have Recluse's shoulders, since you can clearly see he doesnt wear anything there. What we SHOULD be clamoring for is his cape..

Or... maybe it's a part of his spider pack? Does Recluse ever complain about the clipping issues here to his fashion designers?

Resident certified baby

From conversations had with the dev team in the Tester's Discord, I believe they will very very rarely ever give us pieces that are signature to a Lore/Canon character.

If it becomes widely transported onto mobs, that's another story. See: Aeon Gloves on Goldbrickers

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

9 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

From conversations had with the dev team in the Tester's Discord, I believe they will very very rarely ever give us pieces that are signature to a Lore/Canon character.

If it becomes widely transported onto mobs, that's another story. See: Aeon Gloves on Goldbrickers

Resident certified baby

On 2/6/2022 at 9:43 AM, xl8 said:

Can we get Recluse's fur shoulder pieces asap plz.

Maybe not this particular item, but what I would actually like ported from a signature character is Ghost Widow's hair. I think straight flowing long hair is just not a strong thing one can say to the character's origin/story it also isn't like Liberty's Belt or something so significant to her backstory. It's a nice hair piece I'd use frequently that has VFX and looks very pretty. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

Maybe not this particular item, but what I would actually like ported from a signature character is Ghost Widow's hair. I think straight flowing long hair is just not a strong thing one can say to the character's origin/story it also isn't like Liberty's Belt or something so significant to her backstory. It's a nice hair piece I'd use frequently that has VFX and looks very pretty. 

True story: Ghost Widow's hair... isn't actually hair in-game.  It's actually a cape, with all of the dynamics of a cape.  It looks hideous when used on a PC, which is why it was never proliferated to PCs.  You'd essentially be supergluing a cape on top of a PC's head.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

10x this!  If they want to crop it a tad and make it so you can't color it white I'd be totally fine with that.  

Of the signature female characters the pieces I want the most available for all to use would be Widow's hair and Desdemona's boots.

Edit: 

Good to know though @Apparition

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xl8 said:

Okay, can we get SOME fur shoulders. Jees...

I wasnt trying to just shoot you down.  Im not against players having similar costume options as signature NPCs.  I just prefer to minimize players having the exact same pieces.  So pieces like his spider pack,  helmet,  and  shoulders are things that i feel set him apart as a special character.  Players having them would water him down.

Having fur shoulders but not those fur shoulders,  go for it.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, TheZag said:

Thing is, the Arachnos Archvillains all have such unique looks you could easily give a few things to players and they’d still retain a lot of their identity. Ghost Widow, despite being a widow has unique coloration alongside her flowing hair (when you try to color Arachnos widow garments the same the white is more silver and the black is more purple) and she’s the least unique of the five. Recluse has his back legs (of which he has eight instead of just four more), his helmet and the face underneath, his armor, his cape, etc. But that aside, if you take a closer look, that’s not “shoulder fur” recluse has. That’s back hair. It extends from the top of his shoulders down along the back and ending just around the back edge of the shoulder blades and has the Arachnos emblem in a metal medallion pressed into the center, and beneath all that his cape flows out above the small of his back or so. (A rather odd place too) the other technical hurdle is that, though they look way better than a lot of issue 0-1 NPCs made the same way, Arachnos AVs are basically solid models than a collection of costume parts. So that fur is stuck at that exact height for that exact body width for a “male” body.

at that point it would theoretically be easier to just model a new costume piece altogether.

Alot of NPCs have strange costume slotting.  The rikti AV Hro'Dtohz has his glove details and his large back detail in the 'jaw' slot according to recoloring his costume in AE.  I plan to check out Recluse when i get home to see if he has wierd costume slotting as well.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, TheZag said:

Alot of NPCs have strange costume slotting.  The rikti AV Hro'Dtohz has his glove details and his large back detail in the 'jaw' slot according to recoloring his costume in AE.  I plan to check out Recluse when i get home to see if he has wierd costume slotting as well.

Please keep me posted! I'd love to know if I was right and his hairy back fills out a shoulder slot...

Resident certified baby

Unfortunately recluse isnt recolorable in AE.  It still may be possible to check his costume by recording a short demo with him in the frame and then looking through the text file that is created for the demo.  I probably wont be going through all that though just to get a list of his costume.