Question about Devouring Earth power, sting.

KaizenSoze

It's Eden trial week and I am trying to get my master badges. So, I am running it a lot.

I noticed on the last run several of us got hit with Sting.

It a heavy -fly power which is fine until you look at the duration, five minutes. Makes me think that someone added an extra zero to the duration.

There is another version of the power that only last 10 seconds. Short sting. Not sure which mob produces the long version.

The five duration is annoying because the titan is so nasty now that you need to fly to stay out of the foot stomp. So, we have sit there for several minutes waiting for it to wear off. Several of us had 2-3 stack which ones last five minutes.

Has the long version always existed? Which mob uses it?

The first is the one you encountered, but there doesn't appear to be a difference between the two.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_eden_trial_swarm

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_hive_swarm

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

If its coming from the swarm then the place you are picking it up from is the ambrosia room.  It takes longer than 5 minutes to clear the pond around the crystal titan anyway.  So you should only still have that debuff if you are skipping the pond.  Given the fight lasts quite a bit longer on a Mo run and the danger posed by foot stomp,  skipping the mobs is asking for someone to die.  80+ mobs come running in,  everyone gets the agro cap worth of mobs attacking them.  I even free the heroes before the titan.  Dont need something to go wrong after a successful titan kill when the mission could have been completed right when it died.

8 minutes ago, TheZag said:

If its coming from the swarm then the place you are picking it up from is the ambrosia room.  It takes longer than 5 minutes to clear the pond around the crystal titan anyway.  So you should only still have that debuff if you are skipping the pond.  Given the fight lasts quite a bit longer on a Mo run and the danger posed by foot stomp,  skipping the mobs is asking for someone to die.  80+ mobs come running in,  everyone gets the agro cap worth of mobs attacking them.  I even free the heroes before the titan.  Dont need something to go wrong after a successful titan kill when the mission could have been completed right when it died.

So far, all deaths have been from the titan. Generally, a lapse in ambrosia insp or one missed heal is the cause.

The titan ranged attack is bad enough with the weakened ambrosia all by itself.

Today's MO score is 1/4. I still need the badge for two more characters. I am going to have lots of runs to improve my strategy.

The first group's two runs we ignored the Quarry GM w/o issue. One death by titan ranged attacked. The second run was the only successful one today.

Second group, ignore Quarry the second run, both times one player got killed by the titan ranged attacks.

13 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

It a heavy -fly power which is fine until you look at the duration, five minutes. Makes me think that someone added an extra zero to the duration.

It was probably set that way intentionally by the same person who gave you Malta stuns and Curse of Weariness...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

Curse of Weariness...

I really dislike this, especially solo. It is just a waste of time. I get up, use the bathroom, walk the dog... etc..
I treat it like a commercial during a television program.
No idea what the point is from a design perspective. Why put that in a game if you like your player base?

23 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

I really dislike this, especially solo. It is just a waste of time. I get up, use the bathroom, walk the dog... etc..
I treat it like a commercial during a television program.
No idea what the point is from a design perspective. Why put that in a game if you like your player base?

It's simple to get around - the main issue is that it's not *obvious* you need to prepare for it or to pick up the workaround. It's not mentioned anywhere at all as far as I know.

If you've been doing RWZ arcs, you should have V-merits enough to pick up Nectembo's Curse Breaker from the V-merit consoles. But it's not pointed out anywhere (except in the description, I think.)

So it's really a "you have to know this already" thing, which... yeah, isn't great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

51 minutes ago, Bug You 2 said:

There are some crazy strong swarms in the ceiling of the room with the bridges, where you farm ambrosia, i wonder if they are the source.

*ding* *ding* You are the winner. Those are special swarms that hit you with the long sting.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, Bug You 2 said:

There are some crazy strong swarms in the ceiling of the room with the bridges, where you farm ambrosia, i wonder if they are the source.

Yes, iirc.  And there is one huge difference between the two Sting powers.  The long duration one has a huge unresistable -10,000% Fly.  I believe that version only exists in the Eden Trial.  The other version is found in the Hive among other places (again iirc).