Ebil Wednesday #11 - The market is a hot mess

Ura Hero

Catalysts sell pretty well because most players have no idea about attuned IO's being auction bucketed with regular ones, and they pay the 1.5 million to upgrade their 300k yellow leveled set pieces to attuned. We try to tell them ... but as you say "Oh right ... humans."

Unslotters; two reasons, I suppose. First, many players fool around with their build slotting quite a lot, and go through a fair number of unslotters to do so. Second, if you get extra ATO's (via superpacks or as gifts from winning costume contests, etc.) and want to catalyze and sell them, you'll have to slot and then unslot them to do so.

Neither cats or unslots are worth anything like their merit cost would suggest they ought; since those merit costs were set and not revised to reflect later game changes. I'd set them down a bit to be closer to the market equilibrium, so that unaware people who actually buy them with merits don't get completely ripped by it. Say, cats at ten merits each and unslots at one merit each.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Unslotters; two reasons, I suppose. First, many players fool around with their build slotting quite a lot, and go through a fair number of unslotters to do so. Second, if you get extra ATO's (via superpacks or as gifts from winning costume contests, etc.) and want to catalyze and sell them, you'll have to slot and then unslot them to do so.

Ah hadn't thought of the ATOs for unslotters.  That makes sense.  I just sell them straight and figured the AH would take care of it for those that want them superior.  Funny too cause I tend to buy the non-superior versions myself and then make them superior when the time comes since they can be slotted at level 10.  Course that was before I realized that it was better to just get them from the hero/villain packs at 10 for 100 mil.

16 minutes ago, iBot said:

Course that was before I realized that it was better to just get them from the hero/villain packs at 10 for 100 mil.

On average, you get 1.2079 ATOs/Pack. :D

And once you get twelve ATO's of any kind in hand, you're only a small pile of converters away from two complete sets of your choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 2/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, EmperorSteele said:

I just wanna know who's the dork who drove uncommon salvage up above 15k >=O

I'd say time to sell out, but I usually vendor all mine after playing for the evening >=(

I hit the  zero key one too many times by accident ...and BOOM 

/e poofgone

• 4 weeks later
On 2/11/2022 at 8:40 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I have one alt I don't like playing who does nothing but flip unslotters.  She's done very well for herself at Wentworths.

You must be doing a good job.  Unslotters seem to have a very stalble price to me

On 4/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, JasperStone said:

I hit the  zero key one too many times by accident ...and BOOM 

My cat decided to be affectionate with my keyboard while I was crafting last night.  

Bought a fair few Luck Charms for 250,243 each

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, GrumpyMonk said:

You must be doing a good job.  Unslotters seem to have a very stalble price to me

Thank you for reminding me!  Just checked and it had been 77 days since my last log in.  Claimed my sales, moved my buys into the AH and posted, put in my bids.  See you in 77 days!

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?