Tram animation timing

srmalloy

I don't know if it's an issue with the lag between the client and the server or some such issue that negates the possibility of a solution, but zipping up to the tram entrance and having to stand there in front of the open doors for up to ten seconds before the tram doors close and the tram leaves before you get the blue hand that lets you click to select your destination gets pretty old after a while. The opposite problem, where the tram is arriving at the station and your character jumps through the closed gates in front of the arriving tram, is disturbing, but less of an issue. Is there some way that the timing of the tram animations could be adjusted so that what you see in the tram station more accurately corresponds to your interaction with the tram? I.e., when the tram becomes unclickable, it closes its doors and trundles off right then, instead of standing there with its doors open, and on arrival, the tram stops and opens its doors before your character dashes into the tram, instead of diving out in front of it as it's still pulling in?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

Where do I sign?

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

A thousand times signed. Just set the damn things to function all the time.

Agreed. You don't even need the boarding animation since like the OP says, it is not aligned half the time. Just make the transit window always selectable and you immediately go to that zone like with the ferries.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, I bought a monthly pass you guys, c'mon!! 

This always seems to catch me too, every time I get there just in time to not get the blue hand until after the doors shut right in my face.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I, for one, would actually prefer a little more realism.

Like some tourist pedestrians get in your way as you're trying to board the train because they are goggle-eyed at being in the big Paragon City, so you barely miss it, and then you have wait for the next train while watching someone urinate on the end of the platform and listen to the announcements incoherently drone about some sort of system delays.

That would be cool.

Who run Bartertown?

Some trains i can click the side of the door while it is open and select a destination.  Most of them i cant click while the door is open.

Would be nice if my hero wasnt stopped in his tracks by an open door.

"Don't hold the train,  I can't walk through an open door anyway."