Throw Tomatoes at my Broad Sword / Super Reflexes Build

Calamity Cain

Go ahead! Make my day!

Seriously, this is the first build I've built from the ground up. I figured I'd copied enough people's builds and honestly, there was no good BS/SR build on the forums that I could find. So here we are.

I figured SR is defense based right? So I know DEF is gonna be good. I'm a Stalker, so my primary concern should be killing things and doing it quickly.

Thus, I started by slotting attack powers for maximum effect, also taking set bonuses for RES as much as possible, given that SR has very little built-in RES. Next, I slotted to fill in the gaps and ensure I was above softcap in DEF to account for debuffs, toggle failure, etc.

Any way I could squeeze more out of this build? Besides Incarnate powers I mean? Those always felt like the cherry on top, rather than a necessary component, and plenty of content won't let me lean on Incarnates anyway.

Stalkers are basically the solo AT, and I mostly team, so I didn't focus on solo- or team-play over the other. Looking for balance in that regard.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Did I do alright? What can I polish up? Am I missing any glaring, obvious things? XD

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Codename Lionheart: Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Broad Sword
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hack

• (A) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Superior Assassin's Mark - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (17) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (23) Superior Assassin's Mark - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Superior Assassin's Mark - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Superior Assassin's Mark - RechargeTime/Rchg Build Up

Level 1: Hide

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (40) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (42) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 2: Focused Fighting

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 4: Mystic Flight

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 6: Slice

• (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (7) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (7) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Damage
  • (9) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech

Level 8: Assassin's Slash

• (A) Superior Stalker's Guile - Recharge/Chance to Hide
  • (11) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Superior Stalker's Guile - Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Stalker's Guile - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Stalker's Guile - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 10: Focused Senses

• (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 12: Build Up

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 14: Agile

• (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 16: Practiced Brawler

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Parry

• (A) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (19) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (19) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (21) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (23) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 20: Dodge

• (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (45) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 22: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (25) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (25) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance
  • (31) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (36) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 26: Disembowel

• (27) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Mako's Bite - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Mako's Bite - Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 28: Quickness

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 30: Weave

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (31) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (50) Defense Buff IO

Level 32: Head Splitter

• (33) Armageddon - Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance

Level 35: Evasion

Level 38: Zapp

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (40) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 41: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 44: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Tactics

• (A) Empty

Level 49: Vengeance

Level 1: Assassination 

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by Calamity Cain
Wrong code format for build
  • Like 1

Two over the rule of 5 for LotG +7.5%. SR is easy to softcap, I would skip Parry since it's L/M def buff isn't really needed. Work to get Hasten perma to keep the attack chain consistent, or get enough +recharge bonuses to run the chain without Hasten and respec it out. Try to squeeze in the Steadfast +3% def somewhere. It's a good build and will serve you well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to the world of bespoke builds! 

Even if you crib plenty from other builds, there is a certain satisfaction in putting together your own little monster. Super Reflexes is a great starting point, as it's really hard to mess up.

Your build will play perfectly fine, but could be optimized quite a bit further. Broadly speaking, you are a bit overinvested in defensive slotting, and have stacked a few redundant bonuses.

• As @StrikerFox mentioned, no need to go over 5 lotg's, as you won't get the bonus. 
  • Parry isn't actually the worst thing around, as it allows you to stack some melee pad for incarnate content or defense debuff situations. Granted, SR isn't hurting much against defense debuffs in the first place. I would probably choose Slash in place myself to help round out ST, since your global recharge is pretty low.
  • Evasion needs to be taken much earlier (whoops, this is as early as possible!), and slotted with some love. You are still shy of aoe softcap.
  • Your overall slotting focus seems to be weirdly focused on shoring up tox/psi resist. This isn't useless, but these bonuses require a lot of wasted slots, and there are more productive goals to chase in my opinion, one being better S/L resist.
  • Since you don't benefit from the lotg mule, you can easily drop vengeance. I would recommend picking up Ball Lightning, and using slots siphoned from your overinvested lotg sets in defenses to slot it out.
  • The steadfast +def is also a real missed opportunity, as Striker mentioned. Slotting here gives you more room to focus your other bonuses elsewhere when rounding out softcap.
  • It looks like you are intentionally avoiding damage procs in the sets that include them. Even if you keep slotting as is for the most part, swapping one of the IOs in Head splitter and Disembowel for the respective damage procs will still allow you to maintain the right overall enhancement totals while doing a nice chunk of extra damage.
  • Overall, consider not only the set bonuses achieved, but also the enhancement value of the IOs spent to get there. One of the unique strengths of /SR is that you can basically three slot all the defensive powers (I like lotg+ def/end, def in red fortune) and get everything you need. So many of your powers are way over ED cap on returns. Sometimes this is okay if the return is right, but you could be much more efficient.

Ultimately there is much I would do differently beyond if building for myself, but it would be hard to communicate every detail without making a fresh build. That being said, everyone has different style and priority! Personally, I would focus first on softcap to all, then S/L resist, then just adding as many procs in my attacks as possible once these goals are achieved, alongside a healthy dose of global recharge to support them.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

• Evasion needs to be taken much earlier, and slotted with some love. You are still shy of aoe softcap.

XD Uh Evasion's minimum level is 35 isn't it? So I can't take it any earlier. But point taken.

In fact, all points taken, that's the kind of advice I was looking for, thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Two over the rule of 5 for LotG +7.5%. SR is easy to softcap, I would skip Parry since it's L/M def buff isn't really needed. Work to get Hasten perma to keep the attack chain consistent, or get enough +recharge bonuses to run the chain without Hasten and respec it out. Try to squeeze in the Steadfast +3% def somewhere. It's a good build and will serve you well.

Right on, appreciate the feedback!

13 minutes ago, Calamity Cain said:

Evasion's minimum level is 35 isn't it?

Hah! I'm a dummy. 

Seriously though, they should make it available at a much lower level. My past few SR builds have been on Tankers, so I was out of whack on the level, and didn't bother to hover check for sure. : )

• Haha 1

I put together a quick run of how I would approach this combo, while keeping power choice mostly the same and trying to keep the spirit of the build.

Don't forget that SR gets those beautiful scaling resists too! They don't make you immortal by any means, but they make what little resist you have go much longer.

Highlights of this iteration:

• Modestly higher S/L resist.
  • Only ~9 sec shy of perma-hasten, typically will be beyond this with ffback in your attack chain.
  • Total immunity to slows.
  • Higher recovery and lower end consumption.
  • Several additional useful powers - more aoe, a handy pet. Spirit Ward can be used, but is mostly a mule.
  • Comfortable softcap defense to all positions.
  • Much higher damage on most attacks due to judicious use of procs. Note that I have quick form toggled for the snipe. Toggle yours on for comparison, and you'll see this one does almost twice the damage.
  • PM absorb proc! Don't neglect the power of this excellent IO.

Downsides:

• Lost a fair layer of tox/psi resist, and small amount of F/C resist.
  • No parry? Honestly you won't miss it in /SR.
  • In the interest of end efficiency, I traded team buffs for leaner personal buffs (no more leadership). You still have max hit chance against +4's, and in fact are still a bit overbuffed on accuracy.

There are some few things that are just to taste. If you're looking to burn pylons and get max dps, trading back a damage proc or two for achilles would be good return. Personally, I find that most things die so quickly to stalker attacks that I don't often have the chance to benefit from -res procs in real play.

The build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hack -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(40)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 2: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(5), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(5), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Assassin's Slash -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(34)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Slice -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(11), ScrDrv-Dam%(15), Obl-%Dam(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(17)
Level 12: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Dodge -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(21)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(23), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(43), Ags-Psi/Status(45)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 26: Disembowel -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(29), TchofDth-Dam%(29), Hct-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Head Splitter -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Zapp -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(42), PstBls-Dam%(43), JvlVll-Dam%(45)
Level 44: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(45)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Summon Adept -- ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(21)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(17), PwrTrns-EndMod(19)
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Ahhh not looking into the forum for a time and almost missed such a lovely thread.

The two builds in this thread are very nice and i have to say i like the approaches, even if i do not understand some random powers like Spirit Ward, i guess you were chasing the 2,25% S/L resi bonus. And i never liked fligth powers on my melees, but some people love it. Or the knockback protection in mystic fligth, SR has one of the best status protections out there, no need to waste a IO for this effect. These are just small things generell speaking the builds are fine. You got the Stalkers IO and Gauss IOs rigth so the rest is stacking bonuses.

I have played a BS/Shield Stalker and a Claws/SR Scrapper so my experience with BS/SR is a mix of these two. BS is very endurance hungry and if you add a Force Feedback proc into the mix with some good recharge (~perma hasten) then you will be running into blue bar issues. SR does not help with endurance at all, so when you are throwing one attack after the other, you can run into some problems. You can mitigate these by using adrenalin serum, ageless or blue inspirations. I choose to mitigate these kind of things with the body mastery but then you would miss Ball Lightning which is a very good AoE for BS, which has almost nothing in that department. 

And looking into the attack powers i would like to give a little advice. Usually if you use procs you increase the damage of your attacks. but do not go too far with it, because if you loose set bonuses you are hurting your overall build more than you gain with the increase in power of that one attack. My go to experience is to use a 5 pcs set with a proc. If the 5pcs has a proc itself even better. For example i would slot Zapp with 5pcs Manti and the Apo damage proc or 5pcs Apo with the manti damage proc.

For my Claws/SR build i used the template provided by one of the best Claws/SR players in this forum. He had a lot of passive regeneration stacked on his build which i liked and copied. For a set without healing this helped to get the chip damage taken care of.

And generell speaking SR is a very sturdy build which is even better in game than it is on mids. you have a big resist bonus when your hit points go down. Dodge and Agile provide these bonuses. You can play around in mids with the bar in the Info screen to mess with it. You may not need so much resist bonuses as you think.

If you need a build for any Stalker combination, including BS/SR, just take a look into my Tier List Thread. i posted a build for every Stalker combination out there. Copy and share it as you wish. A lot of peolple told me they use it and modify it for their preferences (like fly as a travel power). 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Croax definitely has some great threads that not only go into the synergy of sets and their strengths, but include many very solid builds for inspiration.

Since you are making your own build, it may be helpful if I provide some insight into why I slotted certain powers in certain ways. Perhaps you will find some of these methods useful to adapt into your own creations! Everyone has their own approach, of course.

Spirit Ward was taken as a mule for two purposes: choosing it saved a slot for the Preventative Medicine proc, which I wanted for defense. Since I was picking it anyhow, muling one more PM onto it for the S/L resist is a happy bonus. The power itself is actually not bad, and could be used on your pet or a teammate in situations where you have extra end support. Otherwise, there aren't any very appealing low slot investment powers in its place. When you have a flex power pick and attacks are already sorted, keep an eye out for opportunities that will save you slots and open up good IO bonuses with little investment.

You'll see a pattern in my more heavily procced powers - I will grab 2-3 of the Superior Winter set and then flesh it out with procs to boot. This serves a few purposes:

• First, I am aiming for slow resist. This is a very underrated stat in my opinion! You'll really appreciate slow immunity when facing quicksand, caltrops, incarnate Tsoo, or many of the other super annoying mobs that can throw slows at you. Many of these slows are also auto-hit, so your defenses won't even help. I cribbed this from @Nemu a while back in their builds, and haven't regretted it once!
  • The IOs themselves provide very slot-efficient enhancement for the fundamentals of the power. I am avoiding the recharge component of these sets in order to maximize proc potential.

There is definite merit in slotting powers more traditionally at times, as @Croax mentioned. Certainly some of my slotting like Hack and Head Splitter is this way. However, examine the trade-off and what you will really gain in doing so.

For example, let's take Zapp. Turning off build-up, this does ~460 damage in quick form, and provides 6% F/C res and 15% slow res.

If I were to instead slot it Manticore with the purple proc, it now does 410 damage and isn't at max hit chance against +4's any longer (unless you neglect damage from manti).

In short, you would lose: 50 damage, 6 F/C res, 15% slow res, and ~10% effective hit chance in exchange for some ranged defense that you don't really need, and a nice little recharge bonus.

A similar logic applies to my slotting for Slice and Disembowel as well. Full sets are great when the bonuses achieved are serving your build well, but if your build is otherwise well-sorted for these things, you may find better benefit focusing on some combination of partial sets and procs. As I mentioned earlier. /SR gets its defensive needs out of the way so easily with baseline powers that you have a ton of flexibility in slotting powers with damage procs rather than chasing set bonuses.

I understand that you aren't really wanting to consider Incarnates in the equation for now. If/when you do, the Alpha specifically helps open up some further flexibility. Even though T4 Alpha does bypass some of ED, 1/3 of it doesn't. Because of this, you can account for that 1/3rd in your native power enhancement before ED, and maximize your return on the Alpha. In the case of Musculature Radial for example, you could neglect a bit of enhanced damage in some attacks, and once your Alpha is online the difference will only be like ~4-5%, as your Alpha will bring you to ED caps for diminishing returns anyhow.

Personally, I really enjoy tinkering with these trade-offs and figuring out what works best for a given build! I hope you find joy in the process yourself. I'm sure you'll like the character one way or another. : )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

For example, let's take Zapp. Turning off build-up, this does ~460 damage in quick form, and provides 6% F/C res and 15% slow res.

If I were to instead slot it Manticore with the purple proc, it now does 410 damage and isn't at max hit chance against +4's any longer (unless you neglect damage from manti).

In short, you would lose: 50 damage, 6 F/C res, 15% slow res, and ~10% effective hit chance in exchange for some ranged defense that you don't really need, and a nice little recharge bonus.

Nice write up! While i agree on the 50 damage. i do not understand why you would hit less often? With the Accuracy from set bonuses it should be enough to hit +4s. 

And the real comparison would be:

12% regen buff

2,5% ranged def buff

3% damage to all

7,5 % global recharge

versus:

50 more Damage (That is allready enough for a lot of people)

15% slow resi

6 % F/C resi

Also note that procs can maximaly occure 90% of the time, but that is factored into the 50 damage in mids.

It will be personal choice what of these two weighs more. I would like to point out that Zapp while beeing super, is only available in higher levels. The set bonuses with attuned IOs will serve you a little bit earlier before you have the power. And with my BS/Shield i had a complete single Target rotation without Zapp. But again, ymmv.

I like how different you can approach builds and how complex it can grow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Croax said:

With the Accuracy from set bonuses it should be enough to hit +4s.

In the context of this build, Zapp is at 111% hit chance (overcapped) against +4's as is.

If I were to swap this to manticore + apoc proc, this is down to 86% against +4's.

I could swap one of the manti's for the acc/int/range, solving this. However, the damage is then down to ~389.

One could certainly re-gear the build entirely to include more global accuracy, mitigating this hit difference. However, doing so would sacrifice more damage from procs elsewhere.

Given what the build achieves baseline in other areas, the first three bonuses are not very meaningful to me, though the recharge is attractive. Personally, I prefer the greater damage potential from procs, alongside what the Winter Sets bring in set bonuses as well as efficient power enhancement.

There is room for both approaches of course! For @Calamity Cain, just be mindful of your overall goals in any event when slotting each power.

Hmm... I was also talking in the context of your build.

You have 3 LotG which give 27% Acc. Stalkers Guile 15%, Armageddon 15%, Sirocco 9%. Total Global Bonus 66%.

Manticore set gives around 26% accuracy.

So the total bonus of zapp should be enough to hit +4s reliable. As far as i know +4s just have a base of ~40% instead of the 75%.

Or am i mistaken by the numbers?

I was fairly critical of the original build. The biggest thing I wanted to point out is the fact that there were 10 slots thrown into passives that offer only 5% base defense and only 1 slot in evasion that offered 23% defense. The build was not at softcap against Ranged or AoE, and the level and the slotting that went into Hasten screams "I'm just taking it because every build takes it." Understanding what you want to build for is a great start and you stated some goals such as focusing on S/L resist that you followed up on in the actual build itself. Slotting efficiency is the next part, and you can spend a great deal of time perfecting that.

There are some very good builds posted here and good dialogue from veteran builders explaining why which is even more important than the builds themselves. I'm going to offer my variation. The lazy part of me doesn't really want to keep PB on auto and click hasten even 2 min so I went with a hasten-less build, just to demonstrate that not all builds NEED hasten.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Medicine

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hack -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Slice -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-Def/EndRdx(A), Ksm-ToHit+(5)
Level 6: Assassin's Slash -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Hct-Dam%(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 12: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 14: Speed of Sound -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 26: Disembowel -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), AchHee-ResDeb%(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Head Splitter -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dam%(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), ShlWal-Def(46)
Level 38: Zapp -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Apc-Dam%(40), StnoftheM-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Rgn-Knock%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 44: Aid Other -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(49), Prv-Absorb%(49)
Level 47: Aid Self -- IntRdx-I(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(47), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(47), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal(50)
Level 49: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1455;708;1416;HEX;|
|78DA5594594F135114C7EFD0A950682D50A06029A52C822D0C2D715FA251E041688|
|2F2A031D13AB6B738B1B6A42DB1B83CFA8EBEF8A2263EFA198C1AF50BB8E0373071|
|055C637830F574FEE76A9964FACBF9DFB3DC73EEED24CA13EE4C66EA88D03CC7B26|
|6B1989C2B99D94BB2E04C98F356CA21E8A9A7B78BE5644266A5348E16F2663A3977|
|255F48F7A895099991B9A234E61617C83A293359599645E19ECDE7B3C68C3417ACD|
|C7C9B6D4C96C9C3BA2C7325B364E5731E5B9CB2E62F96C8055642A6AD949593FEC9|
|052B65FC2BBE984C98C5922C2C75D29E06E97DE4A51F4DAB6EB3E214655D88B82EE|
|A96985741FD1AB8E53AF30678D6550D1676B010ED9A2D3EF6561372466D6F9D2DB6|
|EE03DBF6330F809D07C1FE07C8D841B3727046CDB1410852F93FE013CAEC54999D6|
|F1D7644C332221B6E818DB79951647627C97D48174FBDD58340B0A87F88C573D480|
|8BCBE92E6EC0DD0C6E6D63B680FD3E3049414D2AA8899D9BD9A9999D5A39789493C|
|E4684F0081E952780BD9B94C9ABE6E70D0B0C9D46D0A23C5B2AF488F3E4E763BF3A|
|1F571CE00A035CC1518F23B0B7D5EED7EC91758CA352C70638F0131CFA05EA14E4E|
|720A77F0D62E73AD8F395F90D0C7F07233FC0E734D22E1EA9B3EB25C46DAF98AFC1|
|EE37CC154EF68C46EFD3458A7A0AA8DE03A3E8FD0289412506B9B1175426A4CA84E|
|EE2787BEF31EF330FE144C3379987512E4D19FBD4E8FAA6AAA24BF44F6371F438F8|
|8E30A82ED6E008326C379863CC18381467AE60CFBFDD420CABE0E1712CEED8C9DCC|
|5DC0D46F630DFA37290E61F55C1D10F10473E323F81639FC1D817E62A18A260836F|
|8AD30808BB37A31B8B4690837B982130DE0B2ED3BF3FA6AE592C8A5E02BA504FA5D|
|25D63546DBA88339B24077A99D5D5478044CDF65B6DACFD30F0E1AE6F12C3D8C6DA|
|2671189E5F37897750A69AB8321DF9BFEBCA09728BB35BE554AD71BAD638536BFC0|
|5C386D6B3|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

First I want to note a few things I'll always try to patch up in any build:

Softcap defenses - when that is my goal, and it is for super reflexes

Slow resist - at least 65% or above, even more so for builds not running hasten

An answer to blind - usually I take tactics, but focused senses has +perception.

Enough Acc vs +4s - I exemp down a lot so it's important for me to be able to do that. Fortunately for defense sets this means plenty of powers to cram in 4 LOTG for that 9% global acc. This helps offset the lack of tactics.

There are a few different ways I could have taken this build from not taking leadership and hasten. This is one way that gives you some additional sustainability through aid self (and you can play Dr sexy stabby nurse too using aid other with no interrupt thanks to field medic). Another option is invoke panic from the presence pool which is surprisingly effective. Speed of sound is taken for the teleport so you can zip out of a bad situation.

Finally A few tips for using mids

- Set your status to "attacked" to see your suppressed stealth in-combat defense values. Do this through options -> configuration -> effects & maths -> check the attacked option under the suppression section.

- Use the view totals button to see your combat values including defense/resist/debuff resist.

- Use the view active sets and watch for anything in red to spot violations of the "rule of 5"

- Turn the green and yellow buttons OFF for any build up/aim power or any power that has a build up/to hit proc slotted. Same for powers that have force feedback procs slotted. Those will skew your to-hit and recharge numbers and make you think you created a Super Saiyan.

- The "Accuracy" field in your powers info box to the bottom left shows your to hit chance. By default mids is set up to show your to-hit chance against even con. If you want to see your to hit chance against +4s, go to Options -> configuration -> Exemping % Base Values and set your base ToHit to 39.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 2

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

4 hours ago, Croax said:

Or am i mistaken by the numbers?

I am just going by mids with base ToHit set to 39, as Nemu mentioned. This gives you odds for hitting +4's when checking the power mouseover accuracy.

If there is a Mids issue calculating the Snipe hit, that's worth exploring and reporting! I haven't seen any hit calc issues in the latest build yet.

Playing with Mids a bit, I am showing that Snipe in quick form has a different base acc than snipe with quick form off. I'm not sure if this is how it is in game, and am not in a position to boot and check. Would be worth testing to verify!

Looking further, City of Data 2.0 is showing quick form Zapp in the epic to have 1.0 base acc, which indicates mids is accurate on Quick form.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=epic.stalker_mu_mastery.zapp

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Wow, i learned something new here.

Thank you guys!

I set mids to the afforementioned settings to 39%. In my Head it was allways base 40% and i did not know how to change mids to the rigth value.

But i will still stay with my opinion and would suggest to 5 slot Apo with one Damage proc instead. The bonuses are also very good from the 5 pcs Apocalypse set.

I understand that you want the 50 more damage and it is fine. Both ways work and are equaly valid.

And i like Nemus Version of this combo as well. Having a self heal is solid and a big selling point!

The endurance also looks much better and will not be as thursty as the other builds up here.

I like the proc distribution in the attack powers. All resi debuffs, FF, KD in Slice and Ball Lightning. While still having 5 x 10% recharge bonuses, 5 x LotG and some other rare recharge bonuses.

And the showcase of build for comfort, without Hasten but Practiced brawler on auto cast is a very elegant approach.

After playing Shield, SR and Ninja i have come to the conclusion that i dislike the click mez powers mostly because of the problem what to put on auto. The build here is exactly avoiding that problem and supporting you with a heal! I think this shows how different a power combination can be build and still have top results in different categories.

I also saw a build once where someone capitalized on the Quickness and stacked movement speed bonuses to be allways superfast and had no need for a travel power. Only Combat Reflexes and Sprint turned on/off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1