How do players handle the all the Inactive characters?

Palehood

7 hours ago, kiramon said:

Effervescence is surely not breaking any rules, nor is something like “Energy Waive” 

Not you breaking rules.  The only thing i can come up with is someone with the ability to change names wanted those to be available.  The 2 names from your screenshot and the 2 you mentioned look like they could be desirable names.  I hope this isnt the case but names in violation should get changed to GenericHero12345 and i think inactive hero name release still displays the same and prompts you to change it when trying to login.  Not having a 1 added to the end.  Someone familiar with the code would need to confirm that last bit though.

I would be curious to know if /getglobalname   has all those changed names showing up on 1 or 2 accounts.  Probably dont post any results from that here though.  If you feel the names were changed in error,  go through the support process.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

The real question is how do people with many incarnates balance playing them all?

I know I have several that I can't remember the last time I played.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, Palehood said:

Level 50 characters will never be flagged as inactive

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

20 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Yes I'm well aware of policy implementation. But more importantly worried about the fact that some of us have over 100 lvl 50's and we don't have time or motivation to play them all.

I'm confused as to what part of ....

23 hours ago, UltraAlt said:
On 2/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, Palehood said:

Level 50 characters will never be flagged as inactive

... indicates to you that the policy ever  force the renaming of level 50s?

These days having bunch of level 50's ... or even one for that matter ... doesn't mean what it once did.

Someone could have spent far more time with a level 30 character online that some with a level 50.

When it comes down to it, the population base is too small to force the renaming of any characters.

That being said, if you can't log in a character once a year, then you really don't care all that much about a character.

I have over 100 and I think the longest not logged in at this point is like 274 days, and I have the feeling like I have less than 10 that haven't been logged in more than 200 days.

Have you checked to see if any of  your characters have been neutered or genericized?

I don't think this is a situation to cause a panic.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Have you checked to see if any of  your characters have been neutered or genericized?

I don't think this is a situation to cause a panic.

Oh my posts weren't in reference to the naming policy and getting generichero'd they were more along the lines of feeling bad for having all these awesome characters that I hardly have the time to play. So essentially in my head I have characters that I flag as inactive like my plant/earth Domi Captain Terraform for instance. He's been logged in once in a year and a half for a Dune related Costume Contest. I really should play it more.

21 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

Kinda wish they would activate it. People who hoard names on characters they cant even be assed to level are [insert insult here].

I'm not for turning the system on as it is going to upset a lot of people. They may play randomly and have no idea that the system has been turned on until they come back to have their dreams crushed and possibly decide not to play at all because of it.

I'm against name squatting.

If someone is making a character to simply hold a name, they may not even have bothered to get to level 10. Characters that are below level 10 for more than say 60 days would be an easy and acceptable target for me.

That being said, it is simply too easy to get power-level/farmed to 50 these days.

If names are being taken away from players due to going inactive, why should level 50 provide any kind of safety for name hoarding for characters that aren't being played?

I had all my character slots filled before the Sunset, and I logged all of them in every month and during any special event.

Back then the reason I did it was because of the market limitations. We can do way more marketing now than on live.

If you aren't logging in all of your characters at least once a year then you really don't care much for the ones that you aren't logging into.

Edited by UltraAlt