An Overly Long List Containing Overly Long Posts Talking About Roleplay Things (TM)

McSpazz

Hey everyone! In case you haven't noticed, I've started writing up detailed write-ups going over things we discuss in the roleplay workshops. I figured it's about time to post a list containing them all.

My Roleplay Tutorials

Consent and Communication - An Overly Long Post Talking About Consent and Communication (TM)

Creating a Character's Personality and Soul - An Overly Long Post Talking About Building a Character's Persona (TM)

How to Properly Use Flaws - An Overly Long Post Talking About Character Flaws (TM)

How to Manage Power Levels - An Overly Long Post Talking About Power Levels (TM)

What is Lore and Canon - An Overly Long Post Talking about Lore, Canon, and Headcanon (TM)

How to Approach New Roleplay - An Overly Long Post Talking About How to Approach New Roleplay (TM)

My "AP Classes". These are more advanced topics you don't necessarily need to know to roleplay but might be handy for advanced uses.

Managing Power Levels AFTER Character Creation - An Overly Long Post Talking About Balancing Character Power with Character History (TM)

Handling In Character Relationships - An Overly Long Post Talking About In Character Relationships (TM)

Conducting IC Character VS Character Combat - An Overly Long Post Talking About Combat Roleplay(TM)

MRP, Dark RP, and How to Do It Safely - An Overly Long Post Talking About "Mature Roleplay" (TM)

How to DM - TO DO (Might need help on this...)

How to run a story arc - TO DO

Architect Entertainment and YOU - TO DO

How to collaborate with other players/merge concepts - TO DO

Effectively Utilizing the Language and Slang- TO DO

Cliques and How to Avoid Getting Suck in One - TO DO

And these are tangent posts I've made semi-related to the tutorial series but not directly on topic

What is Hacking REALLY? - An Overly Long Tangent Talking About Hacking (TM)

What is Programming REALLY? - An Overly Long Tangent Talking About Programming and How to Use It In Roleplay (TM)

Spazzy's Examples of Some Headcanons - An Overly Long Tangent Talking About Spazzy's Headcanons (TM)

Why does drama seem more common with us? - An Overly Long Tangent Talking About Why Drama Appears More Common in Online RP Communities (TM)

Why Being Jaded to Everything is BAD Actually - An Overly Long Tangent Talking About The Issues With Being Overly Jaded (TM)

Tutorials made by other people!

A description guide by @CrystalDragon - The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Writing Descriptions

A guide on how to DM in MMO's (and especially CoH) by @Crystal Dragon - The overly long post talking about DMing in the game for RP; how to narrate without imposing on player agency. (TM)

How to break into RP communities by @chase -  An Overly Long Theft of Someone Else's Schtick on Breaking Into A Roleplaying Scene

Do you have a subject you want me to cover that's not listed here? Post below! I'll get to it! EVENTUALLY (TM)!

An overly short URL to this list! - https://tinyurl.com/Roleplay-Tutorial

Edited by McSpazz
Added @chase's post on breaking into the RP scene and my post on being jaded
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, McSpazz said:

Do you have a subject you want me to cover that's not listed here? Post below! I'll get to it! EVENTUALLY (TM)!

'Zen and the art of profile bonsai: Cutting your concept down to the essentials, and making the most use out of your 1024 characters.'

• Thanks 3

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

On 3/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, chase said:

Is that really right to request this for someone who famously authors pieces containing "An Overly Long..." in the titles?"  😛

I am SORELY tempted to write it myself in entirely hyperbolic. xD

Adding to this: I do plan to sit down and work out a basic guide for Dungeon Mastering (tm) or Narrating without imposing on the players permissions and agency. I'd been neglecting this subject, my apologies for that to the community and to you Spazzy.

Edited by CrystalDragon
Updating for reasons.
  • Haha 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

• 3 months later