Funky Resist Numbers and a notice about other weird behavior.

Hyperstrike

Release Version: 3.2.17

Latest File Version: 3.2.17.72

Latest Database Version: 2022.2.22

Was building a Fire/Axe tank.

Suddenly noticed the Resist numbers were bizarre (massive negative).

NEVER MIND ON THIS PART!

Some dumbass *COUGH* had REST turned on.

As for the ACTUAL oddity.//

Also, after saving out and closing, Mid's basically *BLEEP!* the bed.
It wouldn't start back up again.
Rebooting didn't fix it.
Repair didn't fix it.
Uninstall/Reinstall didn't fix it.
Had to get a third party uninstaller (Revo) to strip out the registry data and nuked the entire Mid's folder.
After a clean reinstall it is working again.

FunkyResists.jpg

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 4 weeks later
9 hours ago, Zed said:

Toggle Rest off.
Please note that when you slot a toggle, it turns on.

If you'd read the post, Hyperstrike specifically said "Suddenly noticed the Resist numbers were bizarre (massive negative).

NEVER MIND ON THIS PART!

Some dumbass *COUGH* had REST turned on."

The weird part is the recovery way too high and the recharge is 100% higher than it should be. I don't have a single force feedback slotted, so it's not that, and I have no idea what would get recovery that high.

• 4 months later

I'm getting weird resist numbers.  They're not negative, though.  When I start a new character, before even choosing any powers, some of them have an initial global non-zero resistance, which shouldn't happen.  

Breakdown by AT:

Starts with 40% res to everything: Blasters, Controllers, Defenders, Dominators, Corruptors, 

Starts with 15% res to everything: Peacebringers, Warshades

Starts with 10% res to everything: Scrappers, Sentinels, Brutes, Stalkers, Widows, Soldiers

Starts with 0% res to everything (as it should): Tankers, Masterminds

What is going on?

Edited to add:
Resist toggles (Tough, Epic/Patron powers with resists [except scorpion shield]) on non-armored ATs (everything in the 40% category, Widows, Soliders, and MMs) add resistance to everything instead of just the categories they're supposed to add resist to.

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I uninstalled and re-installed Mids (and so got the latest version) and this issue seems to have been resolved.  I still don't know what the issue was, but it's gone now, so... *shrug*

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.