What pairs well with StJ for this concept?

Daedelus

Hi all,

I've recently come back into the game and am looking to build out a scrapper concept I have.  I initially picked StJ/Fire but after reading through the forums seems like not the best choice.  I am looking for something a little more otherworldly which is why fire felt like a good choice.  Is it truly a bad call?  Would Rad Armor be a better choice?  From a look and feel standpoint, it's not the greatest, but it's still closer to what I was conceptualizing than the other powersets.  Any build suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

D

The only real con for a resist based set on a Scrapper is they are better on ATs with more HP. Otherworldly could mean a number of sets though. StJ/ea would be easy, but then so would StJ/dark or Stj/rad. Why is the build "otherworldly?"

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Well, I was just looking for something that had a demon feel with green fire or something similar.  I already have a stj/dark character which is why I was thinking fire or rad.  Wanted to see if either would be good choices or if there were other options.  

Thanks,

D

I don't think there's much issue with Street/Fire.  The big trouble I see is that Fire's defenses are already lower than other sets; it's probably the most "paper" of the armors besides Regen.  You do get an extra AoE with Burn though, and Fiery Embrace adds a lot of damage.  You think a critical Crushing Uppercut at level 3 hurts?  How about the same critical while your fist is also on fire!  Rad armor would help your survival for sure, but I feel like Fire is the way to go if you really want to bring out the damage.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Yup.  Fire, Rad, and Dark are all resist armors that are better on tanks and brutes due to increased caps and hit points, as well as taunt auras.  If you've already done /Dark as a scrapper, that clearly isn't a dealbreaker and you'll be fine.  The heal isn't as beefy, but the damage will be better.

On 3/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, Krimson said:

My Street Justice Scrapper has Willpower as a Secondary. It's very sturdy, and I'd post my build, but it's deliberately silly with four Hecatomb in Brawl.

I'd love to see it... thanks!

And thanks all for the advice!  

Bio armor can get minimal fx'd down to some glowing hands and some hardened crap for a few seconds for the +absorb click.

StJ/Bio would offer up a ton of damage and a reason why your fists dont break while punching metal or incarnates.  offensive adaptation is just great.

7 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

If you like the idea of stj/fiery just go with it and roll it as a brute or tanker

Not a bad idea.  I generally don't tank but I do remember doing it when I played during live so this is definitely something I'll try!  thanks!

11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Bio armor can get minimal fx'd down to some glowing hands and some hardened crap for a few seconds for the +absorb click.

StJ/Bio would offer up a ton of damage and a reason why your fists dont break while punching metal or incarnates.  offensive adaptation is just great.

I'll have to try a bio armor character!  this one is pretty new to me.

On 3/26/2022 at 6:35 AM, Daedelus said:

I'll have to try a bio armor character!  this one is pretty new to me.

I love my EM/BIO/SOUL Scrapper.  And while the idea wasn't otherworldly, the idea was of a ectoplasm using mutant who's basically a living dead girl.  She's become my new main.  So, StJ/BIO may be the way to go for you.  May even be easier to get it a decent ST DPS going than EM's.

As for Fire Armor.  Have a FIRE/AXE Tanker that's lots of fun.  Mutant fire fighter, went with Tanker for the higher resists and I wanted to not rely on going for defense.  🙂

On 3/22/2022 at 4:38 PM, Daedelus said:

Well, I was just looking for something that had a demon feel with green fire or something similar

Use the costume creator to fill in the gaps of your concept. Few auras vsn look like green fire

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer