Are partial costume pieces a possibility? (RE: Jetpacks and Shoulder Cannons)

So a costume piece I've wanted for ages is a shoulder-mounted cannon.  There's nothing QUITE applicable right now, but there's something that could be very close:   The "AB7 Afterburn" backpack/jetpack:

image.thumb.png.43c418be3c75f9c790a57c9365619657.png

image.thumb.png.d749bfdf303a03b5fb6fdd7d73c3e19c.png 

Now it actually ends up looking like a PAIR of shoulder cannons, but I'm wondering, is it possible to edit a costume piece and remove a section of it?  If just one of the extending side jets was removed, leaving it assymetrical, I think it'd look pretty badass.  Is this something that the dev team is able to do?  Or can they only move around existing parts from preexisting mobs in the game, not remove OR add to them?

Edited by Menelruin

• Retired Developer

Cutting up and repurposing models like that is generally unacceptable if the intent is to actually make something it isn't. I say generally because it depends a lot on context. Otherwise we can and have done it (pistol belts are an example).

In this case, and many others, it would be far superior to make what you're asking for from scratch, even if the visual design is roughly the same.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, biostem said:

Some of the Crey armored units look to have shoulder pieces that could conceivably be launchers of some type.  That being said, since, AFAIK, we don't have any powers that emit from the shoulder area, it's kind of a waste...

Yeah, when the shoulder pets were first announced, I wanted a shoulder kitty that could shoot laser eye beams.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, biostem said:

Some of the Crey armored units look to have shoulder pieces that could conceivably be launchers of some type.  That being said, since, AFAIK, we don't have any powers that emit from the shoulder area, it's kind of a waste...

We dont.

But many Praetorian Clockwork do. And I suppose some Crab Spider animations could fit if done correctly.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

We dont.

But many Praetorian Clockwork do. And I suppose some Crab Spider animations could fit if done correctly.

I've also asked before if it's possible to take an existing blast set, and just shift the point of origin for the attack to a different point on the model, but apparently it's difficult 🙁

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:17 PM, Naomi said:

Cutting up and repurposing models like that is generally unacceptable if the intent is to actually make something it isn't. I say generally because it depends a lot on context. Otherwise we can and have done it (pistol belts are an example).

In this case, and many others, it would be far superior to make what you're asking for from scratch, even if the visual design is roughly the same.

Right, but then we'd have to wait months when the simple version (which we'd be absolutely fine with) could be done in a day. No need for such perfectionism.

• Like 1