Mids won't open visibly, even after reinstall.

cohRock

Earlier today I was having problems with my mouse and I'm sure that I did things that I didn't want to do.  Mids was running fine at the time.  However, after a reboot, I can not get Mids to function.  It opens with its normal splash screen, but no application window appears.  I can open a second non-visible window.  Neither one will show up.

So I went to midsreborn.com and got the latest version (which I'm sure I was already running).  I reinstalled, choosing the "fix existing installation" option.  That seemed to operate succesfully, but, still, no Mids window will become visible.

I uninstalled Mids, rebooted, and reinstalled it.  Nothing changed.  It still goes thru the motions of starting up, but no actual window appears.  I believe this might be a case of the dreaded 1x1 application window stuck in the upper left portion of the screen, with no way to enlarge it or move it.  When that has happened with a browser window, rebooting the machine fixes the problem.  Not with Mids, though.  Whatever the problem is survives a disinstall, reboot, and reinstall process.

Does anyone have any idea how to get my Mids working again?

• Like 2

-- Rock

Never mind.  I was able to use the application taskbar icon to maximize Mids to full screen, then unmaximize.  It disappeared.  But the next time I started it, a normal, visible, resizable window appeared.

Edited by cohRock
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

-- Rock

• 2 weeks later

Big thanks to @cohRock for coming back to post the solution. The exact same thing happened to me. After reading this, I realized that that Mids is opening outside the visible screen. Maximizing it caused it to show, but then unmax made it disappear again. I used the move command to bring it back into view and voila, issue resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
  • 3 weeks later
On 4/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, Perfect Square said:

Big thanks to @cohRock for coming back to post the solution. The exact same thing happened to me. After reading this, I realized that that Mids is opening outside the visible screen. Maximizing it caused it to show, but then unmax made it disappear again. I used the move command to bring it back into view and voila, issue resolved.

Just Quoting this because I just had exactly the same problem.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, GuardianSaint said:

For those like me who didn't know how to maximize a window from the task manager, pressing Control+Shift while right-clicking the icon in the task bar does the trick.

Thank You I was having trouble figuring that out. I consider myself computer savy to some extent but sometimes the little things can mess with me.

• 3 weeks later