Fortunata damage tweaks:

kelika2

Telekinetic Blast, bump it up to Superior or Extreme, its partial smashing damage will balance that

Dominate can be set apart by giving it High or Heavy damage

Scramble Thoughts as well might benefit from getting knocked up to Moderate or High

May have gotten the names wrong because I THINK its:

Minor>Light>Moderate>High>Heavy>Superior>Extreme

And I guess all versions of Psionic Tornado can get their animation and damage tick speed amped up

• Thumbs Down 3

9 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Telekinetic Blast, bump it up to Superior or Extreme, its partial smashing damage will balance that

Dominate can be set apart by giving it High or Heavy damage

Scramble Thoughts as well might benefit from getting knocked up to Moderate or High

May have gotten the names wrong because I THINK its:

Minor>Light>Moderate>High>Heavy>Superior>Extreme

And I guess all versions of Psionic Tornado can get their animation and damage tick speed amped up

Telekinetic Blast is a pretty good power as-is, Dominate is one of the best proc mules in the game. You don't enhance it with damage enhancements, you slot it with several procs. 

PsiNado is a bit of a meh power but it's more useful than some AoE powers. 

Overall, I don't think Fortunata out of all the Epic Archetypes (PB, WS, Widow, Soldiers) is doing badly, in fact, I think she's quite easily in the best spot of all them atm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, arcane said:

Buff Telekinetic Blast?

the Light classed damage attack?  yeah its underwhelming. its doing less damage than subdue, and less damage than mental blast because of the smashing damage portion

Reminder that if an AT shares an attack with another AT does not mean they do the same damage

24 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

the Light classed damage attack?  yeah its underwhelming. its doing less damage than subdue, and less damage than mental blast because of the smashing damage portion

Reminder that if an AT shares an attack with another AT does not mean they do the same damage

Check the animation times, recharge times, DPA’s, and AT mods man. Looks like a solid power. Superior or Extreme is an absurd idea. 

Also, on an AT already full of psi damage, I think the smashing damage helps more than hurts. In case you ever have to shoot a robot, you know.

Now if you want to buff Mental Blast go ahead.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Check the animation times, recharge times, DPA’s, and AT mods man. Looks like a solid power.

having 3 or 4 moderate damage attacks isnt as good as you think it is

and in a world of heavy psi resistant enemies like arachnos, undead ranging from vahz to vampires and robots.. yeah its not great.

But taking the past into consideration this thread is going to turn into a fight that boils down to "just play widow" and a lock

10 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

and in a world of heavy psi resistant enemies like arachnos, undead ranging from vahz to vampires and robots.. yeah its not great.

But taking the past into consideration this thread is going to turn into a fight that boils down to "just play widow" and a lock

I play every AT/powerset in the game except for some MM primaries and Dom secondaries I never got to. I assure something doesn’t need to be “as good as I think it is” because I just know these things firsthand 🙂 

Fortunatas are in a great place IMO. Soft capped defense to everything with SO’s, lots of AoE power between Wail/Nado/Spin, both Follow Up and Aim, can still get higher damage melee attacks or Gloom if moderate + procs is no good for you, etc. They’re pretty dang easy to do well with tbh. 

Edited by arcane

15 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Fixed that for ya. They kick like a mule, its banes and widows that need looked at.

Widow spec I am not worried about at all, even as lethal damage their damage is great.

Banes I can see being meh.  Slow animating attacks across the board is what kills it for me.  Those ranged attack animation times coupled with level placement of powers makes it hard as fuck to tolerate Bane spiders

The only buffs widows need are:

A) No redraw (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD)

B) A better/more potent inherent.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

On the other hand, Psi damage eats Reichsman and Hero 1 for breakfast.

I was on an all VEAT Dr. Aeon SF last night.  IIRC, six Widows (Fortunatas and Blood Widows), and two Soldiers.  Hero 1 absolutely melted under all of the Psi damage from the Widows.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

On the other hand, Psi damage eats Reichsman and Hero 1 for breakfast.

I was on an all VEAT Dr. Aeon SF last night.  IIRC, six Widows (Fortunatas and Blood Widows), and two Soldiers.  Hero 1 absolutely melted under all of the Psi damage from the Widows.

How.. many lore pets were out?

11 minutes ago, Marbing said:

The only buffs widows need are:

A) No redraw (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD)

B) A better/more potent inherent.

And Elude is a garbage power but I guess cottage rule says that’s not going anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

20 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Fixed that for ya. They kick like a mule, its banes and widows that need looked at.

I do not think Fortunatas needs any more damage, they get both Build Up and Follow Up.

If you want to play a ranged Fort, then you have to live with the lower damage. That's the price you pay for being practically un-killable.

Fortunata could get some buffs indirectly if they improved Widow claw attack costs.

I won't go into my concerns about Night Widows and Banes.

I do think Psionic Tornado could use a cast time and endurance reduction. It's got a 2.37 cast with 21 endurance, which makes it the more end expensive version in the game. Everyone else, Blaster, Defender, Corruptor, Sentinel, get an 18.5 endurance cost. Not sure why the Fort version has to be 13% more.

18 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I do not think Fortunatas needs any more damage, they get both Build Up and Follow Up.

If you want to play a ranged Fort, then you have to live with the lower damage. That's the price you pay for being practically un-killable.

Fortunata could get some buffs indirectly if they improved Widow claw attack costs.

I won't go into my concerns about Night Widows and Banes.

I do think Psionic Tornado could use a cast time and endurance reduction. It's got a 2.37 cast with 21 endurance, which makes it the more end expensive version in the game. Everyone else, Blaster, Defender, Corruptor, Sentinel, get an 18.5 endurance cost. Not sure why the Fort version has to be 13% more.

Forts are pretty end heavy and don't get me started on widows. I love my Fort shes a fvcking slayer and stacker of bodies.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

9 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Forts are pretty end heavy and don't get me started on widows. I love my Fort shes a fvcking slayer and stacker of bodies.

This is why I think their inherent could be a little more potent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

1 minute ago, Marbing said:

Although I maintain that endurance problems don’t exist at level 50, I agree with this just because their inherent is completely worthless right now. Unlike the Defender argument, at least it’s a consistent effect, so I could plan around it if it were actually significant.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Marbing said:

There is an interesting history behind the inherent. It was never meant to be anything, but a place holder. Because the live player base demanded VEATs have an inherent.

I am working, at least I have the spreadsheet template created, on a project to document how much more expensive Widow claw attacks and some psi powers are then the equivalent versions in other ATs. And how this leads to Night Widow's horrible endurance issues, at least when leveling.

Lots of history about the inherit and Widow claw costs.

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Oh and let’s please not forget VEAT’s still need power color customization 

I wish I could give this 100 thumbs up.

• Thumbs Up 1