Synapse and Babbage Possible Problem

Turric

11 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

If there would be such a spawn point (and im pretty sure HC team wouldnt have overlooked such a thing) it should be removed altogether asap, zone is big enough to have enough spawn point not close to a drone.

But Point 1 could be very valid... thats one thing need to be checked... not calling support next time before we have him in sight 😉 .

I would think there is an easy fix to this:

1.) Pin that 2nd to last mission to an exact location, similar to how the missions in Katie Hannon are always in the same place.

2.) Pin the spawn point of Babbage to an exact location nearby but away from drones or likely spots of other human players. Like the places in the corner of the zone.

• Like 1

I ran more tests last night. As I mentioned in this post, my working hypothesis is Babbage fails to spawn because there are players on/near his spawn point, so my testing goal was to nail down the spawn point(s) for each of the possible mission door locations for the mission that spawns Babbage. I have more testing to do but here are some observations so far.

I ran 22 Synapse task forces, and noted 11 different mission door locations for the mission that spawns Babbage (and I am aware from past experience that there is at least one additional mission door location). I was able to get spawn locations for each task force I ran, and there were 19 unique spawn locations (3 were repeats). A couple of the mission locations had up to 3 unique spawn locations, so that might make testing my hypothesis a little tricky.

Of those 22 task forces, Babbage attacked me 20 times and was a no-show twice. However, I recorded a demo for each test and was able to determine that, during the two no-shows, he did spawn, but then despawned within 5 seconds. I am not sure why he might have despawned but I need to dig into the data a bit more.

I also noted that 7 of the 22 task forces took place during the Troll Rave event, and Babbage attacked me each of those 7 times, so I think I can safely say that the Troll Rave event being active will not prevent Babbage from spawning.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later

I meant to circle back to this sooner, but I ran another 15 or so tests within a day or two of my previous post. I found no evidence to either prove or disprove my hypothesis that players loitering near the mission exit were preventing Babbage from spawning. It's still the best hypothesis I have, but it's nearly impossible to fully test without multiple other players around to help test. I also asked around about that aspect of spawn mechanics but had no definitive feedback either way.

I did take a look at the positional data for my character and for Babbage when he spawned, and noticed that Babbage consistently spawned approximately 300 ft (+/- 50 ft) from my character when the mission is completed, and that he seemed to share spawn points with common spawns for the area. I only had data for Skyway City, but I assume the same would hold true if a team member teleported to another zone from within the mission. It certainly seemed to be true for my 'teleport to Steel Canyon' test case, but I didn't record a demo for that test.

My suggestions going forward to help ensure that Babbage shows up in Skyway City as expected:

1. Have all team members exit the mission into Skyway City (as opposed to teleporting to another zone) via the mission exit button
  2. If announcing an impending Babbage spawn in chat, ask folks to muster a sufficient distance from the mission exit to keep them from suppressing the spawn

These are just suggestions, and not guarantees of success, but worth a shot to see if they improve the chances of successfully engaging Babbage.

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:10 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

My suggestions going forward to help ensure that Babbage shows up in Skyway City as expected:

1. Have all team members exit the mission into Skyway City (as opposed to teleporting to another zone) via the mission exit button

I've done this repeatedly for quite some time and Babbage actually appearing is the outlier. Most times he's a no-show.

I do make a call out so there are often people loitering near the door though. That seems to be the more likely cause.