Enemy Scramble Thought is autohit?

I'm assuming I just never noticed before, and this isn't new.  But - With Hurricane running, my Storm corruptor kept getting stunned by Tarantula Queens.  At first I thought I was just getting unlucky.  Nope -  I looked back through the combat log, and Scramble Thoughts is autohit.

Is there history to this?  Clearly the character versions of Scramble Thoughts are not autohit.

Autohit.png

• Sad 1

I have Tarantula Queen as my first target when fighting Arachnos because I know they are dangerous to most of my toons.  I thought they had that oddball psy damage untyped attack.  Perhaps it has been this instead.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Something in Arachnos completely wrecks my Dominators. Perhaps it's been this power all along. I need to make some videos of the death point. What I do is know is against Arachnos at high difficulties I'm usually at 100% health until suddenly I'm dead, and I'm not entirely sure why.

There's that version of Scramble Thoughts, and there is also Mental Scramble. In my experience Mental Scramble is the source of a lot of rapid defeats (or near-defeats) since, like their Scramble Thoughts, it is auto-hit, and is a severe single target -tohit, -defense, and -perception debuff. It lasts for as long as it takes to recharge, so if you're solo it can be effectively permanent on you. Also, it stacks, so you can be seriously messed over if more than one Tarantula Mistress is in a group.

Here are the in-game stats for it, from a standard radio mission at even level:

image.thumb.png.e72d229f4fae394ffd9160955e7e64ae.png

Here's the CoD page for it: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=v_arachnos.tarantula_mistress_high.mental_scramble

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Something in Arachnos completely wrecks my Dominators. Perhaps it's been this power all along. I need to make some videos of the death point. What I do is know is against Arachnos at high difficulties I'm usually at 100% health until suddenly I'm dead, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Arachnos are nasty.

Most likely a Tarantula Mistress debuffed your defense and/or

A Bane crit'ed you from stealth and/or

A pack of Mu ripped you to shreds with their accurate attacks and/or

A Fortunata Mistress hit you with a Psychic Wail... you get the idea.

Watch your defense, most like you are getting badly def debuffed at 4x8. It's the bane of my VEATs when fighting Arachnos.

Each Tarantula Mistress when fighting at 4x8 can def debuff you 33% due to purple patch scaling.

Dom have no DDR, so kiss 33-66% of your defense goodbye for 20 secs.

• Thumbs Up 1