Hero/Villain Invasion

So like any zone event that's triggered by something specific. Have a signature villain or hero "attack" a random zone. Attacking everything in sight just like a GM.

Might spice it up by making the diff of the AV correspond to the new levels making it a real challenge. 

In addition if a villain or hero attacks a zone then a hero or villain retaliates by attacking the opposing zone. Mercy = Atlas, Peregrine Island =Grandville, etc.

That way everyone gets to participate on each side, and each defeat is a badge and a reward of some kind ie: merits, hami o, notice of the well, etc.

• Thumbs Up 5

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On the reverse side,  there are people that dont read the missions or follow the lore.  Story arcs are just pre arranged small hp bags that sometimes end with a large hp bag.

I would prefer it to be player triggered instead of random though.  Like if you finish all the arcs in atlas then one of the AVs hits the zone in retaliation. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

On the reverse side,  there are people that dont read the missions or follow the lore.  Story arcs are just pre arranged small hp bags that sometimes end with a large hp bag.

I would prefer it to be player triggered instead of random though.  Like if you finish all the arcs in atlas then one of the AVs hits the zone in retaliation. 

I was thinking upon completion of a TF like LRSF or Ms. Liberty, something that involves the signature heroes/villains and why there would be retaliation. 

• Thumbs Up 2

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

Another bag of HP to drop in a minute. No new story. Nothing that expands the lore or draws in the player. Just another bag of HP to drop. In maybe a minute. 

Its a retaliatory attack based on the outcome of an event.

Ms. Liberty "holy shizzballs Recluse just activated his doomsday weapon, beat a bunch of heroes asses, and killed a platoon of Longbow!" Let's sit here and do nothing!

Or 

She goes to try to stop him, you know basically something that happens in every comic book.

Meanwhile in a BC on villains side, Lord Recluse calls on the aid of all villains in the area to assist with repelling the unlawful attack by a "hero" and the terrorist organization Longbow. 

Which based on the outcome (Liberty getting her ass beat).

Recluse says yo Black Scorpion go to PI and fvck portal corp up. So Scorp, drags some unlucky Arachnos guys with him to go piss on the lawn and knock over some trash cans at portal corp.  

So let's see there's a story, its an event like Rikti, Nemmy, etc which players do.

Bag of HP check because thats every GM/AV, Hami, Mothership, etc (ppsstt its part of the game).

Probably longer than a minute but, hey some people like to piss in other peoples cheerios because they have nothing to contribute and think their opinion is the only one that every player in the game follows.

• Thumbs Up 2

There are players that actually read the content, but let's go ahead and ignore them for another bag of HPs that is just going to be appended to an existing TF/SF and call it new story. People in glass houses and all that. Anyway, how is this for a contribution:

TF/SF Names: Pick two. One red and one blue.

Contacts: Pick two. Probably Arbiter Daos and pick a blue.

Mission/arc: Longbow as led by Ms. Liberty has staged another raid on the Rogue Isles and Arbiter Daos has tasked the group with teaching them a lesson once and for all. Arachnos has staged yet another incursion into Paragon City and Contact Name has decided the group needs to smash Arachnos once and for all.

Pick number of missions and related objectives.

Culmination: Your zone event. (Edit again: On opposite side. There is the retaliatory bit. Which can still trigger a counter-strike so both sides get event at once.)

Now players that actually want to read the story and be drawn into it have something new. Now players that just want a new event or GM have a new event/GM. Why is everyone so opposed to being able to do both?

Edit (also): The Soulless thread I made that has garnered no comments was made because of my response to this thread. It was my attempt to give everyone a little bit of something they want.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove second "of missions".

Meh.

I mean, there's just nothing *interesting* to it as it sits. It's "just another GM," basically.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

But who says the next GM has to be just another GM.  Maybe it has new battle mechanics. Maybe it has some long animating attacks that you have to move out of the beaten zone or suffer a big hit.  Maybe it hits the furthest target with a mark and if someone else doesnt move to be the furthest then taking a second mark will kill you.  Maybe it has 99% resistance but hitting it a bunch of times spawns a enemy that gives -resistance to all player attacks for the next 15 seconds to anyone within 20 feet of the defeated enemy.

There are ways for new GMs to be something other then just sacks of HP.  Plenty of players do read the stories but plenty of them dont as well so not all new content should be required to have a story arc or taskforce.  I think we have a trial, a SF, and a few story arcs from Homecoming so far but no new overworld GMs.  There was the mapserver GM but that was jokemode for april fools,  fun but not an actual year round addition.

Not that either route should be required as the next addition but if it were 'just another GM',  i think it would be fine since its been mostly new missions where new content has been concerned.  New missions are great,  im not against them at all.  But sometimes its nice to just have a new monster to whomp on as well.

• Like 3

Back on live I had an AE arc that ended with the player fighting an AV level BZB. Apparently AV level SR is kinda difficult to punch through. I get what Warpact is shootin for, I think, where it'd turn into a constant Red vs Blue, eye for an eye retaliatory strike, and it would be something else to liven up zone X...

But it could also easily be a zone event that gets completely ignored like the building fires in Steel.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

But who says the next GM has to be just another GM.  Maybe it has new battle mechanics. Maybe it has some long animating attacks that you have to move out of the beaten zone or suffer a big hit.  Maybe it hits the furthest target with a mark and if someone else doesnt move to be the furthest then taking a second mark will kill you.  Maybe it has 99% resistance but hitting it a bunch of times spawns a enemy that gives -resistance to all player attacks for the next 15 seconds to anyone within 20 feet of the defeated enemy.

There are ways for new GMs to be something other then just sacks of HP.  Plenty of players do read the stories but plenty of them dont as well so not all new content should be required to have a story arc or taskforce.  I think we have a trial, a SF, and a few story arcs from Homecoming so far but no new overworld GMs.  There was the mapserver GM but that was jokemode for april fools,  fun but not an actual year round addition.

Not that either route should be required as the next addition but if it were 'just another GM',  i think it would be fine since its been mostly new missions where new content has been concerned.  New missions are great,  im not against them at all.  But sometimes its nice to just have a new monster to whomp on as well.

Except the OP uses current signature characters. So it would be AVs attacking, not GMs, so they will die fast. And their mechanics already exist and do none of the above. It would be Lord Recluse, Ghost Widow, Scirocco, Captain Mako, or Black Scorpion attacking blue side zone with some filler mobs backing them; or someone from the Freedom Phalanx or maybe Vindicators with Longbow filler backing them attacking red zone.

Edit: And yes, a significant portion of the player base probably never reads any of the mission lore, but so far every new content post I have seen has been exclusively "gimme new zone event" or "gimme new GM to smash". There have been no threads I have seen that tries to introduce new story content (which prompted my thread) or tries to incorporate the general smash the posters want and the story people like me want into something everyone may at least find something to like about.

Edited by Rudra

Meh..I appreciate the ideas and the naysayers.

Ultimately its not going to happen just like 99% of everything in this section of the forums.

Battles happen all the time in SC but nobody goes to though, although those aren't announced. You occasionally get ppl fighting fires or doing the troll rave. But, a large chunk of the population is doing TFs/SFs, trials, AE farming, or pocket d/AP rp/erp.