Lord Recluse SF at +4

ninja surprise

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's cuz tanks are ridiculously OP. But next attempt, make sure everyone is T3/T4. A team of 8 brutes/scrappers cycling through barrier/ageless/rebirth with lore pets out should be able to handle it.

What are some of your fave OP tank combos Bill? Your Shield/Eng Melee and Shield/MA seem to be two leaders. Prob more damage either Shield/EM and more sturdy with Shield/MA.

1 hour ago, StriderIV said:

What are some of your fave OP tank combos Bill? Your Shield/Eng Melee and Shield/MA seem to be two leaders. Prob more damage either Shield/EM and more sturdy with Shield/MA.

It's @Wernerthat rolls with the shield/ma. I have too many damn tanks since the buff. I bitch about how ridiculously OP they are because I keep running new ones through various level spreads and find that their leveling speed, thanks to being able to crank up the diff at ludicrously low levels and those big AoEs, is absurd. And then, of course, the solo speed they hit at 50 and T4ed....

All 50 tanks:

Shield/Nrg (My main tank)

SR/Claws (BZB tank)

Dark/Stone (Has fold space, solid but doesn't really excel at anything)

Inv/Nrg (No ET or TF, tough as nails, built for tanking)

SR/DB (Mk-X Victoria, even has LBE)

Two lowbies I'm tooling around with:

Ice/Spines

Bio/Rad

Both will be ridiculous when done.

Soooo... fav OP combo? They're ALL OP but the shield/nrg is the worst offender of the bunch.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It's @Wernerthat rolls with the shield/ma. I have too many damn tanks since the buff. I bitch about how ridiculously OP they are because I keep running new ones through various level spreads and find that their leveling speed, thanks to being able to crank up the diff at ludicrously low levels and those big AoEs, is absurd. And then, of course, the solo speed they hit at 50 and T4ed....

All 50 tanks:

Shield/Nrg (My main tank)

SR/Claws (BZB tank)

Dark/Stone (Has fold space, solid but doesn't really excel at anything)

Inv/Nrg (No ET or TF, tough as nails, built for tanking)

SR/DB (Mk-X Victoria, even has LBE)

Two lowbies I'm tooling around with:

Ice/Spines

Bio/Rad

Both will be ridiculous when done.

Soooo... fav OP combo? They're ALL OP but the shield/nrg is the worst offender of the bunch.

Oh for sure I know the Shield/MA is Werner’s. I was just curious how it and Shield/EngM stack up against each other. Doesn’t really matter I guess, since they’re both broken lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, StriderIV said:

Oh for sure I know the Shield/MA is Werner’s. I was just curious how it and Shield/EngM stack up against each other. Doesn’t really matter I guess, since they’re both broken lol

Yeah, I think with high-end endgame builds both are similarly broken with similar survivability and roughly comparable damage output. Both combos can beat a Werner rules ITF (+4x8 enemies buffed, no temps, no insps, no deaths), which I'm not saying is a perfect survivabiity test, just one I know both combinations can handle. My best time with amplifiers but no lore was 1:24:06. I think @Bill Z Bubba routinely runs it without buffed enemies, but that shouldn't affect time much, and without amplifiers, which would slow him down comparatively. I think I remember him still easily beating my best time? I think Energy is burning through the AVs significantly faster, while being only a little slower on the trash mobs. We can also look at Trapdoor testing. My Shield/MA average Trapdoor time was 6:38. Bill's Shield/Energy Trapdoor time was 7:48. But I was using amplifiers and T4 Assault Core, while Bill was using neither.

I've never run the LRSF, so I can't comment on the best way to tackle it at max. Good to see it beaten by 8 Tankers, though.

• Thumbs Up 3