Lord Recluse SF at +4

ninja surprise

How would you plan out a LRSF at +4?

I organized one last night. We had a fairly balanced team with me on my SR/DM Tank, a Ice/Cold Corruptor, two Stalkers, two Blasters, a Brute and a Dominator. We did fairly well but dropped the diff to +2 for the last two missions after it took a while to defeat the "future" Freedom Phalanx.  A few of the players were low level vets and not Incarnated out and would die when there was too much aggro for me and the Brute to hold. (or if the team got too spread out with peeps trying to speed through the +4 Longbow).

Half the team wiped during the final battle -- it was wacky because some of the Heroes were determined to defeat certain members of the team regardless of how much I taunted or punched.  I went down too at this point, but Return to Battle brought me back and I didn't die again. Some people went to hospital and others used wakies and we stomped the Phalanx.

Could a Tanker Tuesday run LRSF at +4? or not enough debuffs from 8 tanks?

Would depend on the mix and how many daggers eight tanks could throw 😆.

Funny, I was just looking through my tanks to plan on tonight's event (probably at least one Ms. Liberty TF).  Rarely do we run at +4 (unless Kilo is leading), for just about any TF, not because it can't be done but because it takes so damn long.  I think I'll bring either NUT or PLV, as they are two of my sturdiest tanks, that aren't DPS monsters, to hold LR, so the better DPS tanks can take out the pylons.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

8 daggers will drop anything.  I think it only takes 4 daggers, assuming reasonable recharge rates.  Master Runs probably disable the daggers, you'd want to check that beforehand.

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Eight Tankers could do LRSF at +4, but you'll need temporary powers.  Envenomed daggers, and the blue side Signature Summon (Ranged Damage), which gives you Positron.  It's expensive, but it'll be worth it, trust me.  The Positron Signature Summon is arguably overpowered, to be blunt.  He does -100% regen, -20% damage, and -30% res.  It's ridiculous.  Best 10 million INF spent, ever.

• Like 1

Good tips all!

I have envenomed daggers but no signature summon.  It would be really funny to have all 8 tanks pull out 8 Posi clones to fight the Phalanx!

I'll also need to get a Jetpack to fight the Longbow flyer things, since I can't attack from a Void Skiff and Combat TP doesn't keep me close long enough to do much damage.

22 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I think I'll bring either NUT or PLV, as they are two of my sturdiest tanks...

So I changed my mind and went with AVALNCH.  As Ice, I was getting the majority of the aggro, without breaking a sweat, through all the AVs leading up to LR.  Ghost Widow, Scirocco, Ice Mistral, Black Scorpion, Barracuda, Mako...all chumps.  However, after the flyer, pulled LR to a far corner (did not hover taunt) and proceeded to get one-shotted.  Only defeat on the team (other than Witty, who got ambushed by Ghost Widow), all night.  Guess I'll stick with Inv and Stone for LR...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Seeing some mixed conversations here. Thread's about LRSF but comments are talking MLTF.

Not honestly seeing how 8 T4ed tanks would even break a sweat stomping either without needing to lean on daggers.

I've noticed that quite a few people that primarily play blue side get tripped up between the MLTF and LRSF, essentially thinking that they're one in the same because they both involve Lord Recluse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep both are the weekly so lots of people running both.

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Not honestly seeing how 8 T4ed tanks would even break a sweat stomping either without needing to lean on daggers.

Anyone up for a try? I'll be on my Bio/DM, code name: Lumpy Puncher.

How about an LRSF all tanker run on Excel tonight? 9:30 EST? On a beer/tunage ride right now but I'll try to be coffeed up for it and bring my shield/nrg tank. I'll start broadcasting on Excel channels early.

Changed to 9:30 as is the regular time for my SG.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

How about an LRSF all tanker run on Excel tonight? 9:30 EST? On a beer/tunage ride right now but I'll try to be coffeed up for it and bring my shield/nrg tank. I'll start broadcasting on Excel channels early.

Changed to 9:30 as is the regular time for my SG.

I'll do my best to make it, with NUTCRCKR.

Grand fun, tks again for organizing BZB.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm totally jealous! Congrats on the run! Gotta go for Silver next time!

I did a +3 KHTF instead.  It was a blast. We had a couple first-timers and a good mix of Tanks, Brute, Corrupters, and an Earth controller that kept the Mary spawns in place.  Every once in a while a squishy would wander off and get stabbed but we still finished in under 30 minutes.

This is a fun game.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

I'm totally jealous! Congrats on the run! Gotta go for Silver next time!

Yell if you wanna run one sometime. Global is same as forum name. Had to turn away several folks so I have no doubt it'll fill up fast just from LFG yells.

Side notes: There was no planning. Only leading I did was to yell out which AV I was punching. I certainly wasn't using any daggers but I've no clue whether others were. Half the group were SG members and we don't normally bother with them on anything.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, Apparition said:

Eight Tankers could do LRSF at +4, but you'll need temporary powers.

Bio Armor, Radiation Armor and Energy Melee can all debuff regen. However, it's probably not worthwhile to use Energy Melee for this purpose.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 12:48 PM, Apparition said:

I've noticed that quite a few people that primarily play blue side get tripped up between the MLTF and LRSF, essentially thinking that they're one in the same because they both involve Lord Recluse.

I switched the convo to MLTF, since that was the one the Tanker Tuesday group was running that night.

On 5/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, Apparition said:

Eight Tankers could do LRSF at +4, but you'll need temporary powers.

We proved, last night, that with a couple Dark Melee, an Energy Melee...along with War Mace, SS (two of us), Savage and I dont' remember what else, did it easily without temp powers.  I threw a couple of daggers, on the AVs that were taking longer, but weren't really needed for success, just to cut down the time.  I have Melt Armor on NUT, so that, Blackwand and Diamagnetic incarnate were my only debuffs, but were obviously effective (we finished in 43 min 😁)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To keep things fresh I tried this with Brutes. We failed.

The team was all 50's but only only about half were T3, some were just a couple Vet levels, and there were some wacky builds. We had a Street Justice/SR who hadn't taken any of the toggles except Focused Fighting and had all the attacks from the Fighting pool (but not Tough or Weave). He died a lot.

In the last mission we could not defeat any of the Phalanx. Didn't matter what we summoned (nobody had Signature summons, just whatever random temps or Lore pets). We almost beat Yin but then the team wiped. Tried to defeat Numina and wiped again. My Staff/Invuln had done fine the rest of the TF but now would get defeated fast if Dull Pain was down. After 4 or 5 team wipes I had to leave to meet friends IRL so I don't know how it ended.  It didn't look good though.

Edited by ninja surprise

8 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

To keep things fresh I tried this with Brutes. We failed.

The team was all 50's but only only about half were T3, some were just a couple Vet levels, and there were some wacky builds. We had a Street Justice/SR who hadn't taken any of the toggles except Focused Fighting and had all the attacks from the Fighting pool (but not Tough or Weave). He died a lot.

In the last mission we could not defeat any of the Phalanx. Didn't matter what we summoned (nobody had Signature summons, just whatever random temps or Lore pets). We almost beat Yin but then the team wiped. Tried to defeat Numina and wiped again. My Staff/Invuln had done fine the rest of the TF but now would get defeated fast if Dull Pain was down. After 4 or 5 team wipes I had to leave to meet friends IRL so I don't know how it ended.  It didn't look good though.

It's cuz tanks are ridiculously OP. But next attempt, make sure everyone is T3/T4. A team of 8 brutes/scrappers cycling through barrier/ageless/rebirth with lore pets out should be able to handle it.

• Thumbs Up 3