Looking for a viable Tank/Brute money farming build with ZERO set IO's

Zewks

So here is the catch 22 im in. All the guides show some great builds to make money. However, those builds cost quite a bit of money to make. 

I dont have very much money. I do however have the ability to level up a tank or brute to 50 so I can start farming, and to equip a full set of crafted generic level 30 IO's on this character.

Every farm build Ive come across makes extremely heavy use of set IOs for all the extra bonuses they grant (makes sense).  Many of these bonuses seem absolutely required for efficient money making. Things to soft cap your defenses and resists. To help with ability cooldown and endurance usage/regen. Etc.

My question, or rather my ask is this:  What would some decent example builds be that would be able to do some sort of money farm without these set IOs?  I dont expect to be able to farm +4/8 missions or AE maps, but there has to be a decent and efficient way to start making some money at least, so I could work my way up to the big leagues.

Edited by Zewks

I am not totally sure if this is what you are after, but there was a really good low-budget farming guide posted a few years ago that went into a lot of detail as the build progressed. I think it started with just common IOs and as the build gained more wealth, it was supplemented with IOs as they dropped and/or could be acquired cheaply.

The Low Budget Introduction to Fire Farming

I was doing +2/x8 on level 25 common IOs with a Spines/fire. A full build for that is like 2-3 mil. 

And the evergreen point is using the market can get you far more bang for buck in terms of time investment. I have a couple level 25-30 characters who are fully IOed out and having extras on hand as they level while having 100-200 million on hand. Both are self funded as well. I won't be surprised if they hit level 50 with 500 million sitting. I could be off in that by a good chuck and it could still be 300 million. Also note one solos at +0/x1 and then teams with maybe 4-5 others since it is a low pop server. She's been on one 8 person team. Both have used maybe one 2x XP booster to gain some levels and that strips out currency drops so they both have actively hindered gaining currency on some level.

I only farm so I can use a second account and PL my own guys. Farming is too boring to farm for currency.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."