Requesting new emotes.

While both of those emote ideas are really neat and would be fun to have (I'd definitely love to have them), mechanically the way CoH's hit boxes work probably wouldn't allow them without either a pretty hefty code re-write or kluging together a lot of weird options. 😕

The hit boxes around characters enforce a required amount of distance between them - its why making characters even sit close together is already an obnoxious ordeal, not to mention have them use some of the seating that the Live devs designed (<looks at the Pocket D booths>). There's also the mechanical issue of how carrying another character would work and having the game track them moving together.

That said, if we ever did get cooperative emotes like these having them tied around the 'Request' prompt system seems like a pretty great way to ensure players can't grief with them (or could opt out of them entirely if they don't want to use them).

Edited by El D
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

How about telekinesis carry someone else? like, in order to do it players being moved by the emote/action would need to accept a pop up asking about it (could be an auto decline setting too similar to the card buffs) and if accepted their character could be lifted and moved around telekinetically until they input more move commands at which point it would end.

• Like 2

• 4 months later
1 hour ago, Sylapsis said:

How about a karaoke emote? A shy, holding the mic with both hands version; and a widely gesturing, dancing version?

Or a megaphone emote?

Musical instrument emotes I'm sure have been asked for before as well.

Air guitar is fine, but what actual guitars? A bass? Drum kit drumming? (I know we already have two drumming, but still...) Keyboard? Some jazz instruments? 

It would be able to great to set up a band playing in the Pocket D or even just out on the street somewhere. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:57 AM, captainstar said:

I would like that we get 2 new emotes.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but it is unlikely that we will be able to get emotes that actually interact with another character ... especially carrying another character.

There are examples of emotes that one player can do and another player can emote/react to.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

11 hours ago, captainstar said:

How about "spell moves" for blasters and controllers?

I think you are talking about power customization versus emotes.

I don't know of any emotes that are bound to an archetype(s).

There are are bunch of threads about power customization and some of them are about various magic-style customizations blaster powers in particular - hand gestures, wands, staves, etc.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yes, No. 

To have a female toon that is most likely a harry dude on the other end running up and hugging me is not an inviting thought. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

3 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Yes, No. 

To have a female toon that is most likely a harry dude on the other end running up and hugging me is not an inviting thought. 

Stepping aside from the massive projection of personal insecurities onto fictional video game characters...

Which Harry? Truman? Belafonte? Potter? Oh, what about Dresden! You might actually get him, since the author played City of Heroes back in the day.

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

I keep thinking the IRL pretty girl who runs up and hugs me is a skeleton with meat all over it. Is that worse?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

10 hours ago, El D said:

Stepping aside from the massive projection of personal insecurities onto fictional video game characters...

Which Harry? Truman? Belafonte? Potter? Oh, what about Dresden! You might actually get him, since the author played City of Heroes back in the day.

Yes, Harry Tru-Man.😀

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.