Opening Super Packs and Claiming Items from Character Items borked for past week

Yomo Kimyata

Previous to last week, there would be occasional hiccups lasting from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I am now finding it impossible to open super packs or to claim items from the Character Items menu.

Any updates?  This is explicitly on Excelsior if it matters (I don't think it should, but I know that Excelsior had a crash recently).

Who run Bartertown?

Everlasting, claimed items yesterday and today without issue. Haven't opened any packs, though, that I can think of.

I'd assume this would affect winter packs as well?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Not sure. I opened about 30 winter packs earlier without an issue; but later today, my hero packs are just staring at me, unopened. 
Well, tried to open a winter pack - no failure message, just nothing happens. 

So...what I did, I shut the game down completely. Checked for updates (none) and verified the manifest, and am now able to open packs. 

Edited by Ukase

This is still happening to me pretty consistently. I'm able to open packs when I first attempt to, but after claiming the contents I'm then unable to open any more for a period of at least 10 minutes typically.

Should be pretty reproducable as this sequence of events almost always causes it for me even late at night when hardly anyone is online and server load should thus be minimal.

- Buy 20 packs off the auction house (Which kind doesn't matter I think but I typically buy 10 each of Heroes & Villains and Rogues & Vigilantes)

- Open all of them.

- Claim all the ATOs, boosters, brainstorms, merits, unslotters, converters. I don't usually claim inspirations or temp powers until I need them for something later.

- Put all of those on the auction house for whatever price you like, maybe convert some of the ATOs to ones that sell better first.

- Claim the inf for anything that sells immediately.

- Buy any number of additional packs.

- Attempt to open those, nothing happens. Repeated attempts sometimes generate a 'please wait a moment' message in chat.

- Logging out to character select after the aforementioned repeated attempts tends to generate that MultiTransactionFail error popup mentioned in the other thread Apparition linked.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

This has been affecting me for the past week.  I cannot claim any items from character items menu.  When I click on [Claim], the button depresses for approx 3 secs and nothing else happens. If I click on Claim again I get the message "Character or Account item claim failed, another request is pending." It is happening on both Reunion and Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later

Same as before except I dont get the message "Character or Account item claim failed, another request is pending." Just can't claim anything. Took a 8 hour break and still not able to claim anything. (Everlasting)

1 hour ago, Beta968 said:

Same as before except I dont get the message "Character or Account item claim failed, another request is pending." Just can't claim anything. Took a 8 hour break and still not able to claim anything. (Everlasting)

Create a /petition in-game and make sure to specifically mention that it should be brought to Telephone's attention.