Masterminds and Poison, a not so deadly mix.

Ok now I realize that poison is a mixed bag, some love it and some don't. But, I think we can all agree it really sucks on MMs.

The small radius on powers and frankly it's so mehtastic that when I make a new MM I don't even see it on the power pick list.

So minor tweaks.

Toxic DoT to all powers.

Alkaloid a splash AoE heal.

Toxic Cloud, a toggle of -res and toxic DoT or maybe a AoE in line with Tar Patch/Ice Slick, etc.

And increase the freaking radius of powers to be more in line with Fenders/Corrs.

Now, now before everyone starts down voting it and getting all pissy. Take a breath and remember its a Suggestion.

So maybe when y'all get around to giving some love to Mercs, maybe some kind of love for Poison. 

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

44 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

And increase the freaking radius of powers to be more in line with Fenders/Corrs.

There are already fairly sufficient AoE debuff sets. The "collateral" debuffs in Poison should feel more like a little bit of an extra, rather, I think they should stay in their current form that way, but increase in power (or make them irresistible?) to make them more focused on single-target strength.  Generally, the same applies to the idea of a "splash heal" on Alkaloid, IMO.  Its weakness is how slow it is to activate, first and foremost.  Making it an AoE just means it fails on all the pets it doesn't hit because they died before it takes effect.

That's not to say Poison couldn't stand to have some love done.  But it should excel at its focus, rather than try to be like everything else.  Noxious Gas being a toggle (as I think you're suggesting?) rather than a click power with an impossibly long recharge would probably also be a solid way to buff the set, too, though it'd be a bit less useful on sets with ranged pets (which, to be fair, it already is), so maybe make it ally-or-enemy-targetable like the "It burns when I walk!" power from the Sorcery pool?

14 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

There are already fairly sufficient AoE debuff sets. The "collateral" debuffs in Poison should feel more like a little bit of an extra, rather, I think they should stay in their current form that way, but increase in power (or make them irresistible?) to make them more focused on single-target strength.  Generally, the same applies to the idea of a "splash heal" on Alkaloid, IMO.  Its weakness is how slow it is to activate, first and foremost.  Making it an AoE just means it fails on all the pets it doesn't hit because they died before it takes effect.

That's not to say Poison couldn't stand to have some love done.  But it should excel at its focus, rather than try to be like everything else.  Noxious Gas being a toggle (as I think you're suggesting?) rather than a click power with an impossibly long recharge would probably also be a solid way to buff the set, too, though it'd be a bit less useful on sets with ranged pets (which, to be fair, it already is), so maybe make it ally-or-enemy-targetable like the "It burns when I walk!" power from the Sorcery pool?

Yeah, I totally get the single target and largely didn't think of it initially. 

Yes, on NG but good suggestion on maybe casting it on a melee pet and them causing havoc in a mob.

As far as Alkaloid is concerned missing some of the pets makes it fall in line with EA Rejuvenating Circuit which doesn't necessarily hit every pet either.

I'm all in for making them stronger or irresistible something that benefits the pets along with its primary mission of debuffing the shit out of what it hits.

Edited by The_Warpact
Spell check dammit

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'd be up for some love for the set, yeah.  Had a Poison troller that worked OK, and got a really good character concept for a Poison MM.  During the design-a-build phase realized it doesn't work the same way or as well as on  troller, and now, despite the killer concept, really dragging my feet here to even finish the build.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

14 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

The radii of the MM versions are the same as the defender/corruptor/controller versions. Many are unhappy with the 8-foot radii of Envenom and Weaken, but it's not unique to MMs. 

The only power in Poison that's materially different for MMs is Noxious Gas, which is a click AoE centered on a henchman with a 20 second duration and 300 second recharge. All other ATs get Venomous Gas, which is a PBAoE toggle. Converting Noxious Gas to a toggle would be a huge improvement for MMs.

Back on live I had a Ninja/Poison which I took to 50 out of sheer stubbornness. It was awful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 minute ago, Uun said:

The radii of the MM versions are the same as the defender/corruptor/controller versions. Many are unhappy with the 8-foot radii of Envenom and Weaken, but it's not unique to MMs. 

The only power in Poison that's materially different for MMs is Noxious Gas, which is a click AoE centered on a henchman with a 20 second duration and 300 second recharge. All other ATs get Venomous Gas, which is a PBAoE toggle. Converting Noxious Gas to a toggle would be a huge improvement for MMs.

Back on live I had a Ninja/Poison which I took to 50 out of sheer stubbornness. It was awful.

I had a thugs/psn that I so wanted to work and ultimately wasted alot of time on.

• Sad 1

Couldn't resist, @Uun6iu29c.jpg.2ebdad8ace126b03abd1b5e2ec5f1d6d.jpg

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Poison is a buff/debuff set. Adding damage to its powers doesn't help it do what it's supposed to do.

There's plenty of buff/debuff sets that have DoT dmg effects in their powers(acid mortar,  seeker drones, freezing rain, poison trap, etc)

Alot of powers with procs slotted will cause damage regardless also.

Besides its a suggestion thread, so its a Suggestion.