Carnival Detoggling

Erratic1

So normally my SS/Bio brute has no problems cruising through Carnival of Shadows. But tonight he kept finding himself in trouble and I finally noticed they were detoggling his Mez protection toggle. Not because he was out of endurance--he generates plenty of that. They were somehow overwhelming it and shutting down his toggles. 

It was not a Carnival Cruise to Happyland.

If its a matter of stacking enough debuffs to override his Mez resist it seems odd to not have run into it before. 

Bio's mez protection is on Hardened Carapace and Environmental Modification, neither of which has any enemy effecting properties, so even if you were mezzed, they should just suppress and not detoggle.

Edit: Are you sure it wasn't shutting down Evolving Armour? That's got Foe -Res (All) and should detoggle.

Edited by Major_Decoy

Were you fighting more Master Illusionists tonight? Bind is only typed psionic and Bio armour has no psionic defense, so three or four illusionists and/or master illusionists all hitting you with blind at the same time would overwhelm Environmental Modification.

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

Bio's mez protection is on Hardened Carapace and Environmental Modification, neither of which has any enemy effecting properties, so even if you were mezzed, they should just suppress and not detoggle.

Edit: Are you sure it wasn't shutting down Evolving Armour? That's got Foe -Res (All) and should detoggle.

Yeah, it was Evolving Armor which was turned off.

Were you fighting more Master Illusionists tonight? Bind is only typed psionic and Bio armour has no psionic defense, so three or four illusionists and/or master illusionists all hitting you with blind at the same time would overwhelm Environmental Modification.

The problem did seem to manifest when two or more spawns were involved.

9 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So normally my SS/Bio brute has no problems cruising through Carnival of Shadows. But tonight he kept finding himself in trouble and I finally noticed they were detoggling his Mez protection toggle. Not because he was out of endurance--he generates plenty of that. They were somehow overwhelming it and shutting down his toggles. 

It was not a Carnival Cruise to Happyland.

If its a matter of stacking enough debuffs to override his Mez resist it seems odd to not have run into it before. 

I see this happen with Malta occasionally, and I attribute it to mez stacking.  I'm about to embark on a tremendous anti-Carnival campaign with my Battle Axe/Energy Aura scrapper named The Coulrophobic Avenger, so I'll report back if I see the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

10 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I see this happen with Malta occasionally, and I attribute it to mez stacking.  I'm about to embark on a tremendous anti-Carnival campaign with my Battle Axe/Energy Aura scrapper named The Coulrophobic Avenger, so I'll report back if I see the same thing.

I look forward to what you find.

• 3 weeks later
On 6/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, Erratic1 said:

I look forward to what you find.

Ok, I'm at level 40 and just started on the Madeline Casey arc.  I am indeed occasionally getting held (multiple illusionists hitting at once, I guess) through 9.2 hold protection.  About once per mission so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

9 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ok, I'm at level 40 and just started on the Madeline Casey arc.  I am indeed occasionally getting held (multiple illusionists hitting at once, I guess) through 9.2 hold protection.  About once per mission so far.

Annoying.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:58 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

The Coulrophobic Avenger

Good on you for confronting your fears!

It's as though Superman went Kryptonite-hunting.

More power to you!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

13 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

It's as though Superman went Kryptonite-hunting.

More power to you!

I thought he did that. 

When he found it he would stick it lead chests and throw it into the ocean or fling it out into space ... or find some other way to hide ti from Lex Luthor.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:20 PM, Erratic1 said:

Annoying.

Interestingly enough, I find this only happens when a spawn has three or more illusionists.  Never with Master illusionists.  And it usually happens right away, certainly before any of the illusionists can attack more than once (or so it seems).  Both Flash and Blind have a chance for higher mag hold, but the odds of three of them hitting me at once at all should be slim, and that only gets them to mag 9 hold.  Not worth parsing through combat logs for though; that's what break frees are for.

Who run Bartertown?