A missed opportunity...

Fedifensor

I decided to take my Tier 1 primary, but not the Tier 2, because I already have a full attack chain without it (at mid-levels).  That means I can activate an Offensive Opportunity, but not a Defensive Opportunity.  So far, I haven’t missed it, but do people find Defensive Opportunity important enough to take the Tier 2 primary?

I’ve got a pretty toggle heavy build between Bio, Hover, and Leadership. Lots of endurance drains. Right. Ow, I use Defensive to fill my Endurance back up if i’m low after a few fights. I’ll typically need it once out of every three Opportunity procs.

Tier 1 ... that means Flares in Fire Blast or Neutrino Bolts in Rad for example are required for offensive opportunity??

That's correct.  I skipped Fire Blast with my Fire/Fire Sentinel, so I can't trigger defensive opportunity.  So far, I haven't had a problem with that - when I get an opportunity, I almost always want more damage.

I decided to take my Tier 1 primary, but not the Tier 2, because I already have a full attack chain without it (at mid-levels).  That means I can activate an Offensive Opportunity, but not a Defensive Opportunity.  So far, I haven’t missed it, but do people find Defensive Opportunity important enough to take the Tier 2 primary?

I'm convinced DO isn't worth worrying about. But I do like that stacking damage buff from those first blaster powers. I can feel the difference when I sneak the T1 and T2 in as much as I can. I do more damage than without them.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Tier one is defensive. Fire Blast is the offensive.

If so, that's a bug.  T1 is supposed to trigger OO and T2 DO.

[EDIT:]

Tested and there's no bug, Flares triggers OO and Fire Blast DO.